Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to respond to this? "Electric lawnmower"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are at a group meeting all day. Someone told me they have a nickname for my S: "Electric Lawnmower." At the end of the day we have a reflections piece and was thinking of saying, if I drive an electric lawnmower everyone else has a gas powered wind blower. How do I respond to this? I feel the need to address it. Should I say something personal? Or leave it?

We are at a group meeting all day. Someone told me they have a nickname for my S: "Electric Lawnmower." At the end of the day we have a reflections piece and was thinking of saying, if I drive an electric lawnmower everyone else has a gas powered wind blower. How do I respond to this? I feel the need to address it. Should I say something personal? Or leave it?
"electric lawnmower" doesn't even make sense. Don't bother responding to something so pitiful... He's hatin' because he wants one and can't afford it...

when you get into an argument with idiots it gets confusing just who the idiots are, find new friends

I agree that they are just jealous, and trying to put you down to make themselves feel better. You getting defensive about it will be vindication in their eyes, i would either:

a) just ignore it completely, not giving them the satisfaction for getting under your skin... or
b) make some other reflective point and then say: "one last thing... for all of you that would like to go for a test drive in my electric lawnmower, you have an open invitation"

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I, like you, would be tempted to make some sort of comeback or launch an insult. Best is advice is to ignore, as many have already said. But "I" would at least say, "You obviously know nothing about the car, the Brand, or Elon Musk". Then get a new friend... ;)

I'm more inclined to go with the joke, myself. If someone truly intends to hurt me with it, it's a clear sign to them that it didn't work. And in the end, it's just a car; it's not an extension of me or my personhood or whatever. My Tesla does not define me.

That said, I was a bit bummed (but not surprised!) that the CA license plates GOLFCRT and GOLFKRT were taken. :)

Take him for a ride?
I like this one. I have a colleague, who when I mentioned electric cars, all he could think of was "golf cart." He changed his mind in about 5 seconds after feeling head-snapping acceleration. And this was when I was driving my former EV (a LEAF!) - I need to give him a ride in the MS (but he is pretty far away - maybe next time I'm in Montgomery...)