Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to schedule ranger service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I want to better understand how services are triaged between service centers and rangers. I've experienced a few scenarios:

1) Scheduled minor issues with service center; later received a call saying the rangers could do it. Agreed. Service center then called to remind me of my service - I said "isn't this going to be ranger service?" They said "Oh, no, we think you'd be much better off if we resolve that here"

2) Hoped that I could schedule another minor issue with the ranger - called SC and was told again that service should be done at SC.

Is there a way to run an issue directly by the ranger service and bypass the SC?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Old post, but I thought it might be worth a response. I scheduled a service visit the other day for my Model X (drivers door issue). I started on the phone queue, but with a 40 minute wait, tried the chat service mentioned in the wait queue intro message. Got a response immediately from someone who offered to setup a ranger visit (first time using a ranger for service vs. SC). Fast forward a few days, the ranger came out to fix the door but had the wrong parts. They said Tesla would be in touch with me soon to reschedule with proper parts. Next day got an e-mail from North East Tesla Mobile Service inviting me to book a mobile appointment through a trial online booking service. I don't know if this is a New England area trial or broader. But I was able to book book an appointment quickly and pick a date and available time slot easily for later this week. Assuming the appointment I booked is kept, this looks promising.

That is same for me in NE only for my area closest appt was 3 weeks out but I heard its much much better now.

Also not sure but I think we can book thru the app now. But it doesnt specify if that is mobile or not