TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to schedule service? No button on my app. Or on website.

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Tube Guy, Sep 10, 2019 at 11:34 AM.

1. Tube Guy

Tube Guy Member

I know this sounds crazy but there is no button on my Tesla app.

I'm logged in, can see all the information on my car. No button anywhere.

A top trim piece on the roof fell off right behind the front doors.

2. jmaddr

jmaddr Member

At the bottom, under Location...you don't have a "schedule service"? For a datapoint I just checked and I do have the option and it appears to be working (

3. Manhar

Manhar New Member

Same issue for me. Has been like this for weeks.

4. hellohithere

hellohithere New Member

I have had the same issue for over three weeks. Ended up going to the Service Center in person to schedule the service.

5. kylec

kylec Member

having the same issue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as you can see, i have the service button on my raven but not on the other one. it was there a week or 2 ago but now it's gone. same thing happened back in april and tesla couldn't fix it until one day service button just appeared.

6. Daisame

Daisame Member

What @hellohithere said. Same thing happened to me. Went to service center, they put in an appointment for me, and then later in the week, the app showed up and also displayed the appointment. Now it has been fine.

7. thevaibhav

thevaibhav Member

I have had the same issue.. No option to contact service via app or website.. called the customer care number and was on hold for 43 min or so before i spoke to someone to have my sced for service !

8. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

have you uninstalled the app and reinstalled it?

9. thevaibhav

thevaibhav Member

Yes, CS asked that I update my Phone to latest OS (Which it was) delete the app, restart the car (Hold down the 2 scroll wheel and brakes till the T is back up) then reinstall the app and then try.. still nothing :(

Also the website too does not have the options..

10. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Looks the Media item was added to the list of options pushing down everything else. Can you scroll the list up and see if the service is further down the list?

11. kylec

kylec Member

tried that the first time schedule button disappeared and didn't work. Media button also only comes out when car is on.

12. Tube Guy

Tube Guy Member

My button is missing 100%. Has anybody told Tesla?

It's really f*cked up.

13. kylec

kylec Member

called them, even went to service center and release center. all of them had no clue what to do. just told me to log out and log back in or uninstall then reinstall and this is the first time they've seen or heard about this problem.

14. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Been discussed in several threads and answer there is that they are aware. No idea why some people are getting the cable tv answer of ‘no one else has the problem’.

I would call support and ask them how to call the Service Center. No need to go there in person. And have them note you have the problem also so they are aware it’s more and more people with the issue. Has to be a database issue but sure is weird.

I have the option on both my cars and made two appointments in the last month without issue.

And yes Media is only when car is in use.

15. thevaibhav

thevaibhav Member

It’s back up for me today, did nothing different. Logged in and it was there !

16. ajdelange

ajdelange Member

Not very encouraging. No ability to arrange for service through MyTesla any more. WTF?
    Cell phone app lets me describe problem then asks for the address where I would prefer mobile service and then hangs.. forever. Tried reinstalling app. Same thing. Finally had to put in a phony address in the US (I'm just over the border in Canada) and it told me I'd have to go to Montreal.

Does Tesla not understand that this sort of thing is costing them sales?