Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to secure car when getting PPF, tint, etc?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably a dumb question so please be kind. I will be leaving my car at the shop for ppf, tint and ceramic. Do I just set the Tesla card in Valet mode and pin-code the glove box?

You can pin code the glove box, but there isnt any real need to put it in valet mode or anything. If you using the right shop, they have done tons of teslas so there isnt anything special there for them in relation to driving it.

If you had a model S plaid or something, that might be different, but they are not going to have some desire to "hoon" around in a regular LR model 3.. unless you are going for some bottom tier shop who hasnt done many teslas or something.

You can pin code the glove box, but there isnt any real need to put it in valet mode or anything. If you using the right shop, they have done tons of teslas so there isnt anything special there for them in relation to driving it.

If you had a model S plaid or something, that might be different, but they are not going to have some desire to "hoon" around in a regular LR model 3.. unless you are going for some bottom tier shop who hasnt done many teslas or something.
So just give them the card then 😀 Reputable shop. That have been in biz for 20 yrs. Did my Corvette in 2006.

So just give them the card then 😀 Reputable shop. That have been in biz for 20 yrs. Did my Corvette in 2006.

Yeah, you can just give them the card.

In 2018 when i got my chrome delete for my model 3 Performance, I was thinking the exact same thing you were. "should I put the car in valet mode?", "What should I do?".

I used a "big name" shop in san diego. When I got there, my car was the cheapest one in the shop (and this is when the model 3 P was 71k all in). They had multiple porsche's a couple Lambo's some really nice classic mustangs, etc. They also had various teslas in the shop as well for tint, PPF, chrome deletes, full matte wraps, etc.

I was like "oh... I guess I dont need to do anything" to myself, lol.