Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to see color of the car front of me ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Oliver,

I am guessing you are referring to the image of your car in the instrument cluster.
It indicates the color your car was originally painted.
If you repainted a different color since your car was rebuilt it will not show the proper color.
I believe your Service Center is able to change the color of your car as it appears
in the instrument cluster.

Good luck,

Shawn

Reactions: oliver4ever
Hi Oliver,

I am guessing you are referring to the image of your car in the instrument cluster.
It indicates the color your car was originally painted.
If you repainted a different color since your car was rebuilt it will not show the proper color.
I believe your Service Center is able to change the color of your car as it appears
in the instrument cluster.

Good luck,

Shawn
Hello mr ShawnA
sorry if didnt expine it good >>
please check attacment photo

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 6.34.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 6.34.09 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
You can't see the color of the car in front on the screen. It is dark grey if it just moved in. When your are on AP and it is using the car in front as the leading car, it turns white. When you are about to hit it, it turns red I think. I guess it is possible if the car in front is grey/white/red, it would happen to match the color on the screen!

AP1 was MobileEye, AP2+ is Tesla. They don't operate the same. MobileEye used different colors to represent a car it was following, Tesla just uses different shades of white/grey, likely to avoid any intellectual property disputes.

Tesla uses red too. I've had a loaner 100D with AP2.5 and the car in front turned red when the front collision warning activated.

But yes, what I said above about the blue car in front, was for AP1, I don't know about >AP2.