Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to sell 2022 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, we picked up our new delivery in February. I’ve always had reservations about the falcon doors and after two months of driving the new X, I am sure those doors are not for me.

So now I’m interested in selling. How does one go about it? We are open to selling to a private buyer to help them cut the wait time. We waited a whole year for ours!

Attachments

• 3353D207-519C-46A7-A66A-DEBAD1DB5D73.jpeg
    3353D207-519C-46A7-A66A-DEBAD1DB5D73.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 145
Hi, we picked up our new delivery in February. I’ve always had reservations about the falcon doors and after two months of driving the new X, I am sure those doors are not for me.

So now I’m interested in selling. How does one go about it? We are open to selling to a private buyer to help them cut the wait time. We waited a whole year for ours!
Selling a Tesla privately is no different than selling any other car. You will need to delete it from your mytesla account so the buyer can add it to their's. If you are replacing with another Tesla, you might consider trading it in. Trade-in values are very high, you might actually get more than you paid for it.

I am curious though, what did you not like about the FWD?

Selling a Tesla privately is no different than selling any other car. You will need to delete it from your mytesla account so the buyer can add it to their's. If you are replacing with another Tesla, you might consider trading it in. Trade-in values are very high, you might actually get more than you paid for it.

I am curious though, what did you not like about the FWD?
1. it's too showy. I am just a mom, picking up my kid at a public school. 2. i have eye problems, and keep running into it.

Hmm, the Falcon Wings should open far over your head, unless you are over seven feet tall. I bet the kid LOVEs it!
I’ve found in some cases the doors default to not opening fully even when they easily could, so you have to override and force them open. I haven’t yet seen if it remembers consistently to always open fully, or not in the right places all the time. I can see it being a hassle for some. Better would be to just always be in the front seat and force the kids to figure it out if they are old enough.

I’ve found in some cases the doors default to not opening fully even when they easily could, so you have to override and force them open. I haven’t yet seen if it remembers consistently to always open fully, or not in the right places all the time. I can see it being a hassle for some. Better would be to just always be in the front seat and force the kids to figure it out if they are old enough.
Then you have a problem with your FWD, likely a flaky proximity sensor. I had a devil of a time with my drivers side FWD, falsely detecting obstructions. FINALLY got it fixed. Now it never fails to fully open (unless there is a legitimate obstruction).

I had the same issue. I’ve watched reviews of Refresh X do it too. Most do it.

They were an accident waiting to happen which is part of the reason I traded it.

My FWDs also are flaky, especially in direct sunlight. Partially open majority of the time. Tesla replaced sensors twice. Service said some colors (like my blue) reflect the sunlight so I'll never get the FWDs to fully open reliably in daytime. But you just hold the button to force it to open fully so fairly easy to work around. So DCGOO, even though yours work great, your 'sample quantity of one' color may mean you just got lucky with the color you selected.

I do understand your frustration as I and friends have run into the doors multiple times, even when I warn them. Not the best design.

I have mostly solved the problem by just not having any friends :)

• Funny
Reactions: brainhouston
My FWDs also are flaky, especially in direct sunlight. Partially open majority of the time. Tesla replaced sensors twice. Service said some colors (like my blue) reflect the sunlight so I'll never get the FWDs to fully open reliably in daytime. But you just hold the button to force it to open fully so fairly easy to work around. So DCGOO, even though yours work great, your 'sample quantity of one' color may mean you just got lucky with the color you selected.

I do understand your frustration as I and friends have run into the doors multiple times, even when I warn them. Not the best design.

I have mostly solved the problem by just not having any friends :)
There is an ultrasonic in the roof that determines clearance. Doubt color effects it. Never correlated it with the sun. Mine was MSM. Often if you closed and opened again they would open fully. I think sensors in the doors are more for obstacles on the the side.

Reactions: focher
Mine is blue as well, but I wouldn't call it lucky, I had it replaced at least four times. After three and a half years, they finally got it. I've never had a problem with the passenger side, it has always worked perfectly. I would have tolerated a "works mostly," but it got so bad it was really interfering with my ability to use the vehicle, sometimes it wouldn't even try to unlatch, just a solid beep. That sensor was also preventing the driver door from opening.

So I had them attack it for a fourth and fifth time, first with mobile service, and finally a Service Center visit. This time the tech told me he replaced it again, but chose a slightly different location for it (sorry, I don't have any more detail). So far it has been absolutely perfect.

I fall out of warranty next month, so I hope I get new rig by then.

Then you have a problem with your FWD, likely a flaky proximity sensor. I had a devil of a time with my drivers side FWD, falsely detecting obstructions. FINALLY got it fixed. Now it never fails to fully open (unless there is a legitimate obstruction).
Any chance on a DIY and part numbers for the sensor needed? Both doors will do this, just depends on which side is facing the sun.