Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to Sell Model S

calm-one

Dec 9, 2018
Indiana
I had to login after reading this to ask and do realize this thread is about selling a Tesla S.

I also have a 2017 100D with MCU1. 1) How did your MCU1 end up bricking the car; were there signs or a simple "it's dead Jim" surprise? 2) Your post makes it seem Tesla service is in denial. Is that the case, or it is something else, like a lack of urgency, or they will fix it after you tow it to them, et cetera? I am assuming your a US owner too.

Due to pandemic I have not been driving my S much. I am undecided if I have my tin foil hat on too tight making me see things or if I have a MCU 1 starting to fade. A few times this winter, starting my vehicle takes a minute. I have had to reboot several times due to weird issues, e.g. radio shows but no music plays though volume shows up and down changes, s l o w screen performance, a web browser that given minutes, won't render a web page any longer though an ad or two might (it's always been slow compared to a mobile - but now it's glacial).

I have a 2017 MS P100D. Top of the line. Bricked in my garage with a bad MCU1 which is under warranty. But of course Tesla says. Ahh. Well. Nothings wrong. Wonder who want to but it so I can just get out.

Durwood101

Jun 26, 2020
Escondido
I bought mine over summer off craigslist. Orig, because of the price I thought it was likely a scam......turns out he was retired guy, nice and honest. I met up with him and didnt even try to talk him down, I already knew it was a great deal. Easy Peasy. Only semi difficult thing was getting Tesla to get the app to work on my phone, needed to prove I was owner now....other than that it was gravy. I am now updating my 2017 Model S with FSD to MCU2......if I ever sold this car, it would go onto craigslist. There are enough eyeballs there.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC