Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to sell my BMW before Tesla Arrives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold my F30 to our local BMW dealer. Around £900 above WBAC price and no fees or haggling over stonechips etc, although like yours mine was in pretty much mint condition WBAC will always try to knock down their price if possible. I ordered my Tesla in February WBAC was around £16.5K, in March before lockdown just over £9K!!, May time it was back up to £14.5K, I held out and bit the bullet in August, sold at £15800 as I was worried another lockdown was coming. I didn't want to sell private as it's not the time you want strangers to be coming to your house and hassle of test drives and insurance etc, but probably could have got a bit more if I had done.

An alternative is https://www.wizzle.co.uk/ where they sell direct to trade.

Quite an easy process too; you appraise your car, upload a few photos, and they give you an indicative valuation. You then speak to them about setting a reserve, companies bid on your car for a week, if any bids meet or are greater than the reserve then you're committed to sell to them.

We used them, not for a performance car, but it was more than WBAC were offering.

I had an Alfa on Autotrader for a few weeks. I had somebody pretty interested just as the second lockdown was about to start. He was pretty keen on the rare luxury interior which could be a selling point. As travelling is currently restricted I took it off Autotrader.

I also noticed that offers were plummeting for WBAC and Motorway maybe because dealers are supposed to be shut for sales, but not click & collect and repairs/servicing. I may put it back on Autotrader and look at the quick sale sites again depending on what lockdown rules bring. I’m likely to be in the third tier.

Another vote for motorway here. I got one bidder for my vehicle through them, at 4K higher than the rubbish WBAC process, if you have provided enough pics for a full assessment by bidders then the motorway process commits them to their offer if you accept - unless you are being untruthful about condition of course.

Felt really lucky to ditch a big, expensive, less popular BMW model 3 months before lockdown happened the first time - could have been a whole world of pain otherwise.

Feeling your pain, I think the timing, economy, pandemic and evolving attitudes to diesel engines are all against us. I'm about to list my 330d F30 that I've owned for 18 months and 20'000 miles.
WBAC are offering me HALF what I paid :mad:. See you next Tuesday!!!

Mine sadly, it not quite immaculate, and I wish I could keep it, but I need to release the cash :(