Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to send feedback to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
It seems that Tesla have dropped [email protected] - email sent there just bounces now.
The old customerservice email address is no longer monitored.
I opened a support request for it, but initial response makes it look like nobody knows what the normal way to send feedback is.
You can use the contact us form, but that limits you to something like 200-300 characters, so pretty useless for most AP feedback :)
So, anyone know a better way to send constructive feedback other that tweeting it to Tesla etc

If I get anything from support I'll post it here.

Reactions: n.one.one
OK - I got an update from support.
They didn't comment on what happened to the feedback email, but sent this

Thank you for your detailed feedback and please send us any future feedback or ideas to [email protected]

Your feedback will then be saved in our system and forwarded to appropriate teams for further review and assistance.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns and thank you for your support to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Sadly it seems the only option for getting support is Chat on the website.
The only other choices are Roadside assistance or booking the car for a service.
As my car doesn't seem to charge up to the set percentage any longer - and I can't ask for support - my only choice is to book it in for service,
I'm sure that must be saving them lots of money . . . . .

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
1621910228095.jpeg

How loud can you yell?

Apparently it doesn't. It just stores it locally so a tech can see it later.

From the manual:

“You can also use voice commands to provide feedback to Tesla. Say "Note", "Report", "Bug note", or "Bug report" (in the English language) followed by brief comments in your language of choice. Model S takes a snapshot of its systems, including your current location, vehicle diagnostic data, and screen captures of the touchscreen and instrument panel. Tesla periodically reviews these notes and uses them to continue improving Model S.”

They could never review all of the feedback, just like any other product or service, they just periodically review the data to help make future design or software decisions. For bug reports, it probably works like other bug report features on other software services. It'll aggregate the most reported bugs to the top and that will prioritize any fixes needed for the software/hardware team.

I have used Microsoft authenticator app for a while now, recently had to do a factory reset of my Android Galaxy phone.
Did not have cloud backup set on the MS app and lost the link to my Tesla account So to re-establish the link logged in to my Tesla acct using the stored security code meant for just such occasions, but in order to change the MFA setting another login was required. After using up several of the one time security codes I got nervous of being locked out of my account.
So, long story short I called Tesla customer support, got thru to a real person who confirmed my identity by a series of questions and a confirming code by text, put me on hold and sent a message over to Tesla security dept and they sent me an email with a link to disable the MFA setting on my account. Took about 20 min and I can now change the setting back to use MFA if I want. Number I called is 877-798-3752 Hope this helps someone with a similar problem

Well, if that's true, tweeting Elon seems like the only option for feedback.
That's got even less of a chance of getting to a real person. Although there was a rumor that he was setting up a team just to monitor his tweets for stuff like this - but i have no idea if that is true or not or actually happened. What I've found to be the most responsive is the thing Wonz posted several posts above this - you can also get to this via your account page, but it's not a straight path kind of thing.