Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to set start charging and end time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys!

I can’t find any solution,
I need to start charging at home at 12:00 and to stop it automatically at 6:00 (im using standart charging cable), and at this time price for electricity is a lowest.

Anyone can help me how to set it?
Sorry for my english mistakes)

Or. You can set a departure time instead. But you cannot set both.

You can set a start time and a battery target % that appropriates the desired end time.

I’ve had better luck setting start times.
I have been able to set my car to start charging at 12am AND scheduled departure for 7am. It does work but there have been nights it doesn't - is this a known bug (I have only had my car a week so still experimenting).

@Ahmedov It would be useful if we could set start+end time for charging on low power outlets, e.g. 120V 15A-20A outlets here in the US.

Unfortunately Tesla does not support start+end time currently. You can set either scheduled start time, or scheduled "departure" time (end time), but not both at once.

One workaround is to use scheduled start time, and adjust your charge limit each evening to approximately what the car will reach at your desired end time.

I try to limit charging to off-peak times. I've configured peak times to end at 7am and not apply week-ends. This works great every day but Friday. Without exception, every time the car is plugged in on a Friday, it insists on starting to charge. I've not seen this reported elsewhere but I find it hard to believe it only affects me.

For me it is now only a minor annoyance since the logging program I've written turns off charging any time it spots it doing it at the wrong time but I'd hate to think other people are unknowingly paying more than they should (and off-peak times are likely more carbon friendly).

I’m pretty sure it’s one or the other?
I think you are correct. I wasn't able to get it to work with just the Tesla app. Ended up using my Charge Point Home & the Tesla app. I set the Charge Point to turn on at midnight - Tesla charges to full. Set pre-condition in Tesla app for 7am. The ultra cheap rates are 12-6 (car charges in about 3 hours)... If I left at 6am I guess it would make sense to just set the departure time in the Tesla app - then it would be warm from charging and stay inside the off peak window.