Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to set zoom during navigation ?

Jul 1, 2018
Menlo Park, CA
is there a way to set the zoom while navigating ? I can zoom in while navigating but it doesn’t follow the car anymore. I find that the default zoom is really far out if you’re driving “straight” for a long stretch. I’d prefer to see more detail go help with minor bends in the road.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt

Dallas701

Jul 10, 2018
CA
Double tab the nav map. You will see a +/- on the left side. Use that to zoom in and out.

I has the same question the other day. My 12 years old daughter figured it out in 30 sec lol

Reactions: Kipp and TT97

ewoodrick

Apr 13, 2018
Buford, GA
is there a way to set the zoom while navigating ? I can zoom in while navigating but it doesn’t follow the car anymore. I find that the default zoom is really far out if you’re driving “straight” for a long stretch. I’d prefer to see more detail go help with minor bends in the road.
I don't believe there is an option for consistent zoom. Not many nav systems that I know of have it.

Reactions: Phillyasian
Jul 1, 2018
Menlo Park, CA
Double tab the nav map. You will see a +/- on the left side. Use that to zoom in and out.

I has the same question the other day. My 12 years old daughter figured it out in 30 sec lol

Thanks. I don’t think this works, I had already tried this? This doesn’t “follow” the car. So it works if you want to look at an area closely but doesn’t work for navigation unless I’m missing something ?

ptsagcy

Nov 4, 2013
NJ
Same problem on my X. Used to zoom in automatically as you approached a turn or exit. Not sure which release changed that but I don’t like it. You can zoom manually by double tapping the screen but that’s annoying.

CARam

Jun 7, 2019
OC
I am not sure about M3 but I have MX and I can tap the Compass icon on top right to cycle between the three options below:
1. Current position-to-destination route
2. Zoomed in view facing North
3. Zoomed-in view facing the driving direction​

Rockster

Oct 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
I am not sure about M3 but I have MX and I can tap the Compass icon on top right to cycle between the three options below:
1. Current position-to-destination route
2. Zoomed in view facing North
3. Zoomed-in view facing the driving direction​
My Model 3 behaves in this manner. Now, if it would only remember my preference...

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt

CARam

Jun 7, 2019
OC
Another option is to enable the Navigation option in the instrument panel. That’s always shows zoomed in with next turns and such.

ptsagcy

Nov 4, 2013
NJ
Another option is to enable the Navigation option in the instrument panel. That’s always shows zoomed in with next turns and such.
Not any more. Not sure which release crewed it up but it doesn't auto zoom any more and has become a real pain. One step forward - 2 giant steps back !!!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC