Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to set zoom during navigation ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is there a way to set the zoom while navigating ? I can zoom in while navigating but it doesn’t follow the car anymore. I find that the default zoom is really far out if you’re driving “straight” for a long stretch. I’d prefer to see more detail go help with minor bends in the road.
I don't believe there is an option for consistent zoom. Not many nav systems that I know of have it.

Reactions: Phillyasian
Double tab the nav map. You will see a +/- on the left side. Use that to zoom in and out.

I has the same question the other day. My 12 years old daughter figured it out in 30 sec lol

Thanks. I don’t think this works, I had already tried this? This doesn’t “follow” the car. So it works if you want to look at an area closely but doesn’t work for navigation unless I’m missing something ?

Same problem on my X. Used to zoom in automatically as you approached a turn or exit. Not sure which release changed that but I don’t like it. You can zoom manually by double tapping the screen but that’s annoying.

I am not sure about M3 but I have MX and I can tap the Compass icon on top right to cycle between the three options below:
1. Current position-to-destination route
2. Zoomed in view facing North
3. Zoomed-in view facing the driving direction​

Not any more. Not sure which release crewed it up but it doesn't auto zoom any more and has become a real pain. One step forward - 2 giant steps back !!!
Fast forward 2 years and it’s still an issue, and in fact now zooms OUT when it needs you do take an exit/turn etc - which to me is counter intuitive. You need to see more detail, not less!