Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to ship Model 3 OEM Areo wheels and tires cheaply?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always let buyer pay shipping, I’ve lost to much shipping to weird places on eBay.

I’ve had wheels and tires shipped to me with no box on eBay (in fact it was Aero’s), I think TSportline sold them. You could give them a call and ask cheapest route. TireRack paired up the tires, might be cheaper. Not sure you can pair up tires and wheels but it may work out better.

Actually wheels/rims are required to go into boxes. Tires don't need boxes. That's what I was told by Fedex.
Are you referring to wheels without tires? If so, then I would definitely recommend using boxes. If you are referring to wheels/rims with tires, then no box is required. We've shipped 8 sets of wheels and NONE of them were in boxes. We did have to pay a surcharge for the irregular shape but all 8 sets of wheels made it to their destination without a problem.

I purchased a set of 18” tires/wheels/aero caps with 1,000 miles on them for $600. Other similar sets of tires have recently sold through TMC for between $700-$800. So I think your ask price is too high and that is why you are not getting any local interest.

Agreed....I’ve seen them sell for $999 or ‘A Grand All In” basically on EBay.....$1200 on the HIGH end.

Ski

I posted them on craigslist but no one replied. Is my price reasonable? My wheels are brand new. The tires have 60 miles on them when removed from the car. They are 18" areo wheels. The areo covers are included but no TPMS. And I posted $1250.00. I think that my price is really low. They cost $2000 plus tax on tesla.com. I am not sure why I got no reply on craigslist. There are interested buyers on ebay from the East Coast. They have offered me $1500 and I had to decline the offer thinking that shipping would cost me $500 and Ebay paypal fees will cost me $200. Then I would only have $800 left. No deal.

I see them going with TPMS for $600-800 all the time.

Reactions: moonfresh
I got $900 cash. I'll pick it up this weekend. Let me know.

Hi moonfresh. Thank you for the fair offer. However, I have already been offered $1200 plus $300 last week. I declined the offered because I couldn't figure out a way to ship them under $450 to Oklahoma. After that offer has passed, it's a little hard for me to accept a $900 offer. And I now know how to ship them a lot cheaper. Thanks to all the replies from this thread. My only issue now is that I am dreadful having to pack all the tires. For you, I probably can consider $1050 since I don't need to worry about packing and shipping them. Thanks for your interest.

Hi moonfresh. Thank you for the fair offer. However, I have already been offered $1200 plus $300 last week. I declined the offered because I couldn't figure out a way to ship them under $450 to Oklahoma. After that offer has passed, it's a little hard for me to accept a $900 offer. And I now know how to ship them a lot cheaper. Thanks to all the replies from this thread. My only issue now is that I am dreadful having to pack all the tires. For you, I probably can consider $1050 since I don't need to worry about packing and shipping them. Thanks for your interest.

Thanks a lot...but I have had 3 people who messaged me already offering to sell me their brand new set. Between $600-$800. The $600 is from the bay area. And 2 from the LA area. But I have to wait for the LA area people since they haven't received their cars. I am going to wait since I don't want to drive that far to barely save $100ish dollars. The guys who responded are right: plenty of 18inch sets up for grabs for $600-$800 with TPMS. Good luck.

You do realize that if you were offered 1200 plus three hundred to ship, and it cost you 400 to ship, you only make $1100, then after payday and eBay get there cut, you are looking at 200 less, which is.... roll drum please... 900. Except in this case you don’t have to lug the tires to fedex....

If someone really offered $1,500 for a set of used 18” Aeros they are either clueless or it was a scam. Nobody that is familiar with the market for used Tesla tires would ever pay that much. $1,000 would be the upper limit of what would make sense to pay but you can buy them consistently for $600-$800. I seriously doubt the OP will see another offer for anything close to that price range.

Reactions: moonfresh
You guys are right: these wheels sets are relatively cheap...$600-$800 tops. But then again, I live in the Los Angeles (lots of Teslas) and there are a steady supply on craigslists and other local selling apps. Thanks for letting me know guys.