Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to solve the problem with the update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello.

I have M3 EU LR 2021 (October). The current version of FW is 2022.16.3. The car was parked for 3 months without an WIFI or LTE connection.

I wrote to Tesla, they tried to send me a manual update, but it didn't come. I can't go to the service center yet, so I'm asking for help from the community.

I try:
- Reinstall software from service mod, but got error: another update is in progress. Please try again
- Factory reset
- Reinstall from Toolbox
- Resetting Updates in Toolbox

Do you try service redeploy with Toolbox 3?

BR, Nam
Yes, I try. After redeploy nothing changes. For example error on service mod still have. Also make reset updater.

I'm still thinking of trying to delete the data from the SD card. I'm not sure what will help.

There is a feeling that something needs to be cleaned elsewhere, so some files prevent downloading the update.

Upvote 0
255F3A80-F00F-450A-ABB6-A7A22482614C.jpeg

I guess it look like this with toolbox. Does it completed successfully and the firmware is back to very original firmware when you purchase the car or it is still in FW 2022.16.3?
BR, Nam

Reactions: Levnemir
Upvote 0
View attachment 872976
I guess it look like this with toolbox. Does it completed successfully and the firmware is back to very original firmware when you purchase the car or it is still in FW 2022.16.3?
BR, Nam
Yes, I did. After that till in FW 2022.16.3. This option simply reinstalls the current version of the system.
At the same time, after this action, in the service mode, when you click on reinstall the software, an error still appears: another update is in progress. Please try again

Upvote 0
Then I think it is stuck with current firmware not fully deployed. I knew it changed in V11 not allowing us to revert back to very original firmware came with the car since delivery. In early software version, it is possible at least your can revert back to the version that work. This is Tesla service has to say. Please keep me posted the outcome.

Reactions: Levnemir
Upvote 0
Then I think it is stuck with current firmware not fully deployed. I knew it changed in V11 not allowing us to revert back to very original firmware came with the car since delivery. In early software version, it is possible at least your can revert back to the version that work. This is Tesla service has to say. Please keep me posted the outcome.
Thanks for the good idea.
My friend has exactly the same problem. The car is the same year, but the other firmware is 2022.8.

I will try now to ask support to reinstall the previous version for me.But maybe they won't be able to do it remotely.

Update:
Now the phone support Tesla has reset firmware update and sent a new one. It didn't come.

I still do not understand why the firmware is not reinstalled through the service mode, but everything is installed successfully through the Toolbox.

Last edited:
Upvote 0