Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to spin rear tires when it's on a lift

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a nail in the driver side rear tire tread of my 2022 Model S. I took it to get it repaired today at a tire shop. They put it on a lift so they could make the repair without removing the wheel, but the mechanic was not able to spin the tire to get access to the nail. What's the proper procedure in this situation? I guess I could put it in Tow Mode then exit the car and hope it doesn't roll on its own. But is there a better way?

What?

DIY hackers, like me, might do that but not pros.

A real tire shop always removes the wheel and removes the TIRE, patches it from inside, remounts tire, rebalances wheel and mounts the wheel.

I would not walk but run from that shop.

Some tire shops won’t touch Tesla tires because of the foam. Which needs to be cut away from the wound.

What?

DIY hackers, like me, might do that but not pros.

A real tire shop always removes the wheel and removes the TIRE, patches it from inside, remounts tire, rebalances wheel and mounts the wheel.

I would not walk but run from that shop.

Some tire shops won’t touch Tesla tires because of the foam. Which needs to be cut away from the wound.
Thanks. Good advice.