Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle fraudulently transferred out of account without permission

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't know the history of these men, you really should look into it - it's both fascinating and tragic at the same time.

Elon and Edison would have been bosom buddies if they lived concurrently, as Elon has been accused on several endeavours of intellectual appropriation of other people's inventions (or at least buying in at the beginning and taking over / taking credit). There's a LOT of parallels with Edison.

Reactions: ohmman
If you don't know the history of these men, you really should look into it - it's both fascinating and tragic at the same time.

Elon and Edison would have been bosom buddies if they lived concurrently, as Elon has been accused on several endeavours of intellectual appropriation of other people's inventions (or at least buying in at the beginning and taking over / taking credit). There's a LOT of parallels with Edison.
That's the thing... the Teslas of the world are important, but so are the Edisons. It takes all kinds of people to make things happen, the engineers, the salesmen, the leaders, the meek.

Reactions: mtbwalt
Well then, in this "woke age of media sensitivities" Tesla, and by connection, all Tesla owners are due reparations. OMG, it shouldn't stop there... SCE needs to be renamed!
Ok, I'll try again.

Well, that just sounds moderator edited..........snores........snores........snores.......in a politically incorrect manner........

My father always told me.......Son, a gentleman never engages a discussion about Tesla and Edison......

Reactions: zoomer0056
At this point we never heard back from the OP, so what do you think?

About what? There's not a lot more to say on the subject that hasn't already been said. Tesla is a piece of crap company that doesn't even follow its own procedure and gives no way to talk to a human on the phone. I was never able to get the car back on my account, so I sold it, and it's someone else's problem now. Why on earth would your default assumption be that it's fake, especially given my history here?

About what? There's not a lot more to say on the subject that hasn't already been said. Tesla is a piece of crap company that doesn't even follow its own procedure and gives no way to talk to a human on the phone. I was never able to get the car back on my account, so I sold it, and it's someone else's problem now. Why on earth would your default assumption be that it's fake, especially given my history here?

Pardon me, I meant no offense. I thought you disappeared without providing a follow-up. I did not realize you sold the car. Any interest in finding out if the problem was ever resolved for the new buyer?

How did you sell it? To whom did you sell it? To the original buyer who tried to transfer it before (causing this issue), or someone new? I'm not sure how you could sell it, with the "ownership" of it (as the Tesla system/app sees it) in question, as transferring ownership in the Tesla system is a critical part of buying a used Tesla.

Reactions: DrGriz
How is this even a thing. Tesla service does this same thing when you ask for old invoices if you are a second hand owner, and I do not understand why. They have some very strange policies, or some of the folks there interpret their policies in correctly and causes a lot of headaches. I hope your car is back on your app by now. Please keep us posted. Tesla Customer services is going to be the downfall of the company at this rate.

Your VIN is easily accessible in any parking lot. It only identifies the car. Maybe a dumb question, but how can a thief steal your car with just a VIN?
It appears that in Teslas case they have transfered his car info into someone else app. So if this someone knows where he lives they can unlock and drive the car away. Simply by using the Vin to create a fake bill of sale...Tesla should never transfer app access just based on Bill of Sale. Should be more than just Bill of Sale.

Reactions: silverforums
It appears that in Teslas case they have transfered his car info into someone else app. So if this someone knows where he lives they can unlock and drive the car away. Simply by using the Vin to create a fake bill of sale...Tesla should never transfer app access just based on Bill of Sale. Should be more than just Bill of Sale.
If the thief is logged into the TESLA mobile app using the OP credentials, then the thief can see where the TESLA is located and he can come steal it.

Reactions: zoomer0056