Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to stop these things from happening?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the Jackson, TN Supercharger earlier this year and this guy backed into a spot:

20170311_150315.jpg

Last I checked Dodge trucks were not compatible with Tesla Superchargers. Good thing the Supercharger was mostly empty Otherwise a Tesla driver would have had to wait for this truck to finish 'charging'.

I was at the Jackson, TN Supercharger earlier this year and this guy backed into a spot:

View attachment 225679

Last I checked Dodge trucks were not compatible with Tesla Superchargers. Good thing the Supercharger was mostly empty Otherwise a Tesla driver would have had to wait for this truck to finish 'charging'.

With the signage there, it looks like it's ok for him to park there for 30 minutes or less.

A) did it inconvenience you?
B) did it inconvenience another Tesla driver?
C) did he stay over the 30 minutes the sign says?
D) how many other Teslas have you seen in the last 24 hours in Tennessee?
At some point, there will be hordes of Tesla 3's siddling up next to this guy... and boy will he look silly then. Until then, meh.

there are two ways to stop the icing, 1. if you see the driver try to start a friendly conversation and try to get him to understand why he should avoid blocking a charger.
2. get your local government to enact regulations regarding the blocking of chargers. without laws the authorities are powerless to assist.

Reactions: dhrivnak
and 3. Get Tesla to stop making things unclear by posting signs that says it's OK to park there EVER. How can the public understand when The Powers That Be say "Yeah, that's fine, for awhile."?

Sigh.
it's not tesla who decides the usage of the parking spot. it is the local officials that location think that an empty spot is a crowded parking lot is not a good thing.
my little pet peeve is the charging spots with a handicap designation.

it's not tesla who decides the usage of the parking spot. it is the local officials that location think that an empty spot is a crowded parking lot is not a good thing.
my little pet peeve is the charging spots with a handicap designation.
No, not the local officials (unless it's on public property). It's the landlords who don't want to designate all of the parking spaces for exclusive Tesla use because they have other customers to consider, or sometimes they're required to do that because of minimum parking requirements in zoning rules and dedicated spaces don't count.

Tesla isn't going to put those 30 or 60 min. "general parking" signs there voluntarily!

I find it more concerning to see fellow Tesla owners overstay needed charge time. While the general public will eventually grasp what's going on, an existing owner should presumably be more considerate.

A 40, yep four zero, min wait getting into a stall yesterday with 11 cars backed up behind me, an openly frustrated security guard, and barely an owner in sight despite 12 stalls at Qualcomm/San Diego. 2ish PM. I grabbed 15 min of juice to make it north, and only one car behind me got a stall during that time. Seriously bad behavior going on.

I find it more concerning to see fellow Tesla owners overstay needed charge time. While the general public will eventually grasp what's going on, an existing owner should presumably be more considerate.

A 40, yep four zero, min wait getting into a stall yesterday with 11 cars backed up behind me, an openly frustrated security guard, and barely an owner in sight despite 12 stalls at Qualcomm/San Diego. 2ish PM. I grabbed 15 min of juice to make it north, and only one car behind me got a stall during that time. Seriously bad behavior going on.
one would think that the new idling charges would curtail people leaving their cars at the chargers too long.