Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to tell how many Kwh's you have just charged in to the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

Does anyone know how you can tell from the in car stats how much charge you put in to the car on your last charge?

I am going to be charging from the granny charger for a while and need to know how much charge in KWh I have added each time I charge the car.

Thanks

Hi All

Does anyone know how you can tell from the in car stats how much charge you put in to the car on your last charge?

I am going to be charging from the granny charger for a while and need to know how much charge in KWh I have added each time I charge the car.

Thanks
The app will say it at the end of the charging session :)

Attachments

• 03C713F4-A483-449B-B22D-F211462AA4B5.jpeg
    03C713F4-A483-449B-B22D-F211462AA4B5.jpeg
    414.4 KB · Views: 359
Hi All

Thanks
You can scroll across the bar chart in the app's "Charge Stats" tab to get daily kWh charging info, if that works in your scenario.

8DE86938-DD2F-45A5-8003-61D03ACAF9E0.jpeg

Hi All

Thanks
or you do the maths:
granny is 2.3 kw charger I think.
so in 1 hr it will charge 2.3 kwh. or 4.6 kwh in 2 hrs. or 6.9 kwh in 3 hrs. You know - maths ;)

or use free teslamate - it also provides you with such info :)

Why do you need to know? The amount that reaches the battery will be less than what you used.
It's a company car and the company will refund the cost of the charge based against my current home electric rate, but I need to know how much juice went in to the car so the cost can be calculated..

If anyone has a way to do this just using the app or the applications already on the car that would be a great help.

It's ok saying her Teslafi or Teslamate or any other 3rd party tools, but need this workable with the basics i have available ..

Thanks

It's a company car and the company will refund the cost of the charge based against my current home electric rate, but I need to know how much juice went in to the car so the cost can be calculated..

If anyone has a way to do this just using the app or the applications already on the car that would be a great help.

It's ok saying her Teslafi or Teslamate or any other 3rd party tools, but need this workable with the basics i have available ..

Thanks
Unless you want to subsidise the cost, you'll be paying more than any car based app will record. There are (quite substantial) losses in the journey between mains power and your car's battery. Best to get one of the plug in energy meters (such as this) to record what you're actually using rather than what ends up in the car.

Reactions: Jason71
Unless you want to subsidise the cost, you'll be paying more than any car based app will record. There are (quite substantial) losses in the journey between mains power and your car's battery. Best to get one of the plug in energy meters (such as this) to record what you're actually using rather than what ends up in the car.
Ahh nice that's the kinda idea I was hoping for.. thanks

Found it!

Same calc as the others. I checked one of my (rare) home charges and there's a 0.8kw difference on a 3 hour charge between what my charge point says was used and the calculation. I suspect that the sampling interval will influence the calculation. Might not be a lot of difference in the grand scheme of things, but if the OP wants to get as much money out of their company as possible, every little helps :)

Found it!

Same calc as the others. I checked one of my (rare) home charges and there's a 0.8kw difference on a 3 hour charge between what my charge point says was used and the calculation. I suspect that the sampling interval will influence the calculation. Might not be a lot of difference in the grand scheme of things, but if the OP wants to get as much money out of their company as possible, every little helps :)
The odd thing is that looking at several charges in Tessie shows 100% for some charges and down at 84% for others. I don’t see how you can actually have 100% … that is exactly the same amount added as the charger used. (All on ac home charger) something appears to be amiss, at least for the 100% ones.