Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to Tell if a Car has FSD subscription or Fully Paid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is FSD really worth it? going through the forums seems people are saying its not really worth the extra $$. i am seeing a a 2016 with AP1 with convenience priced $10k less (MCU1) but with free super charging ..
I would be more concerned about the battery health of a seven-year old car and how much it will cost to replace it.

Autopilot is included with all modern Teslas. Premium Connectivity is the cellular service that gets you streaming audio and traffic data.

The screenshots you posted did not state that the car has "Full Self Driving Capability" included, so I do not believe that the car has purchased FSD. There are no options shown for FSD beta under the Autopilot screenshot you posted either.

The car likely either had FSD on subscription, which expired. The car might also have been traded in to Tesla, who removed FSD before auctioning the car. This is very common.

If the dealer claims the car has FSD capability, then get it in writing before you buy the car.

@Supcom i think i see what you mean now. i think this example has the FSD capability included / paid for

Attachments

• ap screen.jpg
    ap screen.jpg
    879.8 KB · Views: 270
  • fsdd.jpg
    fsdd.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 199
If it is a new S/X with HW4, how would you tell if it has FSD paid for since FSD Beta isn't available yet?
Conflation, FSD Capability is NOT the same thing as FSD Beta. Any new HW4 car can be bought with the FSD Capability package. FSD Beta (aka: Coming Soon: Autosteer on city streets) is a select offering Tesla has and not a standard feature of the FSD Capability package yet.

Conflation, FSD Capability is NOT the same thing as FSD Beta. Any new HW4 car can be bought with the FSD Capability package. FSD Beta (aka: Coming Soon: Autosteer on city streets) is a select offering Tesla has and not a standard feature of the FSD Capability package yet.
Thanks for the response! I suppose a better way to phrase it would be "With HW4, how do you know if it has the included (paid $15k) package?"

Last edited:
Thanks for the response! I suppose a better way to phrase it would be "With HW4, how do you know if it has the included (paid $15k) package?"
Are you looking at a used Tesla to buy? Are you trying to determine if it has HW4 or FSD Capability? If FSD Capability look under Software and check to see if it has Full Self Driving Capability, Included Package. If it says Subscription or Auto Renewal (or something similar) instead of Included Package or nothing then it is a no go.

EDIT: Here is a pic from Model 3 a year ago so it will look different.

IMG_1413 (1).jpeg

Are you looking at a used Tesla to buy? Are you trying to determine if it has HW4 or FSD Capability? If FSD Capability look under Software and check to see if it has Full Self Driving Capability, Included Package. If it says Subscription or Auto Renewal (or something similar) instead of Included Package or nothing then it is a no go.

EDIT: Here is a pic from Model 3 a year ago so it will look different.

View attachment 958616
Yes, I'm looking for a pre-owned model s with HW4. Looks like it has to be built after 2/23. Ones without the "T" emblem on the back appears to be easiest way to determine this. FSD has to say included package regardless of HW4 or HW3 correct?