Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to tell if I’m getting PW2 or PW+ based on the model number?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Powerwall 2 based on that part number.

There's a table floating around the explains what all the different parts of the P/N mean, but I can't find it at the moment.

I have both:

3012170-05-B = Powerwall 2
3012170-25-B = Powerwall+
Holy smokes Batman 4x PWs and 16.4 kW solar, NICE! You must be crushing some kWhs out there! I sure hope you have good TOU rates and can arbitrage some money out of those PWs. NC may change their rate structure so I dialed back my plans in March right before my system went in, really annoyed.

Upvote 0
No TOU for me, so I use the PWs to maximize my usage of solar energy at night. Also no true net-metering, so makes more sense to store as much as possible. ROI obviously got pushed out further due to the batteries, but I like being almost grid independent.

In May, I had a few days with 115kWh of generation. It's lower right now since monsoon season has started and we've had mixed clouds for the last two weeks.

Upvote 0
No TOU for me, so I use the PWs to maximize my usage of solar energy at night. Also no true net-metering, so makes more sense to store as much as possible. ROI obviously got pushed out further due to the batteries, but I like being almost grid independent.

In May, I had a few days with 115kWh of generation. It's lower right now since monsoon season has started and we've had mixed clouds for the last two weeks.
I live in Gilbert, AZ and wish I had 6 more panels and a 3rd Powerwall. We are producing enough power to run the house during the day, (A/C is set at 76), and charge our 2 Powerwalls enough to get past the Peak period, usually they last to 10pm. I have found that if the temp is 100 or lower, the Powerwalls charge to 100%

Upvote 0