Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to tell if windshield is well-sealed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the fix? Mine's separating since day 1 so I had Tesla change it out under warranty and the replacement is exactly the same as the original - black plastic triangle piece still sticks out at top and looks like crap. And yes, they changed it because I watch the Mobile Tech change the whole mirror assembly out in my garage.

Mike

This was part of my list of delivery issues to be fixed back on 9/18 but they they said "it was within spec". I've compared to other recent deliveries and the triangle piece is completely flush with no movement. I plan on making an appt to have this fixed/replaced.

This was part of my list of delivery issues to be fixed back on 9/18 but they they said "it was within spec". I've compared to other recent deliveries and the triangle piece is completely flush with no movement. I plan on making an appt to have this fixed/replaced.

I don't know what piece this is about, I haven't read the entire thread. I just wanted to share my experience that the windshield was replaced at one time and it seemed fine. But only at times of very heavy rain while driving on the highway it would leak. The leak would pool somewhere in the overhead and come out on the passenger. They fixed this, but it should not have happened. It seems windshields take a bit of skill to install and they don't get replaced often enough for very many people to be good at it. Even the windshield shops don't always get it right. The factory usually does ok though.

Interesting. I’m seeing the top of these triangle pieces pulling off on my 3. Might try some painters tape wrapped around that edge and see if it helps.

can they just be glued on with something like clear silicon?

My passenger side triangle piece was separating and I glued it back with black RTV sealant from the auto parts store. I clamped it to hold it while it dried and wiped off excess sealant. It looks good and has held up perfectly.