Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to tell if your second hand AP2 car has FSD prepaid???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Dec 2016 AP2 HW car was sold to me by a taxi fleet company. In the ad it did not mention anything about FSD or EAP for that matter. I have done some digging and it turns out that it was an ex-demo managers' car for Tesla. Having spoken to 3 different people at Tesla CS, 2 said that my car has basic AP (it was ordered before EAP was announced) but another 2 have said that it in fact has EAP and FSD prepaid after delivery. I asked them to put that on an an email but they never did.

I appreciate that there are no FSD features to check this out but is there anywhere else that i can find out the FSD or EAP status of the car?? Any clues would be most welcomed!

If you have the Remote S app, you can see the option codes for your car, including whether it has enhanced autopilot or FSD. Here's the text from the app on how to do it:

If you're looking to buy a used Tesla and want to know its hidden options, these might be useful to know: First, tap the Remote S logo on top and then scroll down and press the "Copy Vehicles Data" button to get the option_codes data. If you see APPB as an option, then the car has Enhanced Autopilot, and APF2 if it has Full Self-Driving Capability on top of that. If you see SC04, then the car has pay-per-use supercharging. If you see SC01 or SC05, then it has free unlimited supercharging.

Thanks - i have gone through all the menus and i cannot find any options to buy FSD or EAP within mytesla account! Just in case i've gone blind, where would you find the option to purchase? I wonder if this option is only available in the US and not for UK accounts?

Have them send you a picture of Monroney sticker.

Have them send you a picture of the 17" screen with the "Driver Assistance" screen with all options displayed and not greyed out.

Get the VIN and call Tesla to confirm whether the options were paid for.

Thanks - i will ask about the "driver assistance screen".I called with the VIN number on 3 occasions asking for someone to email me the specs and they never did. Once they said that the car has basic AP (despite the AP2 hardware) and the other 2 said it's EAP and FSD. The previous owner never mentioned either EAP or FSD hence the confusion.

If you have the Remote S app, you can see the option codes for your car, including whether it has enhanced autopilot or FSD. Here's the text from the app on how to do it:

If you're looking to buy a used Tesla and want to know its hidden options, these might be useful to know: First, tap the Remote S logo on top and then scroll down and press the "Copy Vehicles Data" button to get the option_codes data. If you see APPB as an option, then the car has Enhanced Autopilot, and APF2 if it has Full Self-Driving Capability on top of that. If you see SC04, then the car has pay-per-use supercharging. If you see SC01 or SC05, then it has free unlimited supercharging.

Thanks very much - i had looked into this before and could not find what the code for FSD or EAP was. This is really useful. Sadly, I don't have APPB or APF2. My options starting with "A" are AF02,APF0,APHO, AU00. I have SC01 at least... I did find a site that decrypted these codes before and couldn't find an EAP option. I was hoping that maybe it may be there because there are no EAP or FSD features available yet and perhaps because they were supposedly added after the car was delivered... Perhaps there is a different code for FSD purchased after delivery??

Thanks - i have gone through all the menus and i cannot find any options to buy FSD or EAP within mytesla account! Just in case i've gone blind, where would you find the option to purchase? I wonder if this option is only available in the US and not for UK accounts?
It shows up for me between the Support and Contact sections:
2018-06-01_1053_FSD_Order.png

Thanks very much - i had looked into this before and could not find what the code for FSD or EAP was. This is really useful. Sadly, I don't have APPB or APF2. My options starting with "A" are AF02,APF0,APHO, AU00. I have SC01 at least... I did find a site that decrypted these codes before and couldn't find an EAP option. I was hoping that maybe it may be there because there are no EAP or FSD features available yet and perhaps because they were supposedly added after the car was delivered... Perhaps there is a different code for FSD purchased after delivery??
Unfortunately, from your option code, APF0 means that you only have the Autopilot Firmware 2.0 Base. It's not enhanced, and that would explain why there's no option to upgrade to fully self driving.