TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to tell when 3 is imminent

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ReddyLeaf, Jun 10, 2017.

1. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

Ok, this is the first thread I've started so please be gentle. I've been reading all of these speculative threads on the model 3 and when it will arrive. Here's my suggestion: Watch Craigslist (or whatever is the current comparable fad site) for for sale vehicles, Go to the Tesla factory in Fremont, take some pictures of old employee cars and then start searching for when these cars show up for sale. Any sudden increase and you know employee cars are either being delivered or are imminent. If others have realistic ideas, then please post.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

Elon said production starts in July

3. Runt8

Runt8 Member

I would say wait for employees to start posting about it...

• Like x 1
  4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

When the first cars are delivered to employees, it will be public -- no way Tesla will pass up a PR opportunity like that. Think back to the first X deliveries - they were all to company Founders, not general public, but they claimed first deliveries.

We don't have to watch Craigslist to see when employee cars are up for sale. We will know when the first cars are delivered. Because Tesla will make an event out of it.

• Like x 2
  5. Mkorpal

Mkorpal Member

Yeah, we will know when they announce the reveal. That will be when cars will be delivered.

That said, you do bring up and interesting point. I wonder how many CPO S cars will hit the market in August when Model 3s start to get bought by employees.

• Helpful x 1
  6. S3XY

S3XY Member

Probably not too many. If they own an S the 3 is probably a second car, not a replacement

7. Waiting4M3

Waiting4M3 Active Member

Please never use the word "imminent"

8. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Just hang out in front of the factory gate at the start of a shift and watch for employees driving in/out in their Model 3s. ;)

9. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

I may as well tell you- Model 3 production is imminent

• Funny x 5