Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to tell when 3 is imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
R

ReddyLeaf

Ok, this is the first thread I've started so please be gentle. I've been reading all of these speculative threads on the model 3 and when it will arrive. Here's my suggestion: Watch Craigslist (or whatever is the current comparable fad site) for for sale vehicles, Go to the Tesla factory in Fremont, take some pictures of old employee cars and then start searching for when these cars show up for sale. Any sudden increase and you know employee cars are either being delivered or are imminent. If others have realistic ideas, then please post.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones and EinSV
Ok, this is the first thread I've started so please be gentle. I've been reading all of these speculative threads on the model 3 and when it will arrive. Here's my suggestion: Watch Craigslist (or whatever is the current comparable fad site) for for sale vehicles, Go to the Tesla factory in Fremont, take some pictures of old employee cars and then start searching for when these cars show up for sale. Any sudden increase and you know employee cars are either being delivered or are imminent. If others have realistic ideas, then please post.
I would say wait for employees to start posting about it...

Reactions: BluestarE3
When the first cars are delivered to employees, it will be public -- no way Tesla will pass up a PR opportunity like that. Think back to the first X deliveries - they were all to company Founders, not general public, but they claimed first deliveries.

We don't have to watch Craigslist to see when employee cars are up for sale. We will know when the first cars are delivered. Because Tesla will make an event out of it.

Yeah, we will know when they announce the reveal. That will be when cars will be delivered.

That said, you do bring up and interesting point. I wonder how many CPO S cars will hit the market in August when Model 3s start to get bought by employees.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones