Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to thread camera cable from grille to upper part of nosecone over the crash bar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this but as it was buried in the long thread on the front camera mod I thought it would get lost.

I mounted the front camera where I think it will be ideal, but I had a major problem running the cable from the camera to make the connection to the cable that runs to the PCB. The camera is mounted on the grille and chrome cross bar under the nose cone. The cable from the camera runs behind the grille. But I couldn't find a way to thread it behind the grille and steel crash bar up into the area where I could make the connection to the cable that connects to the PCB and touchscreen. I think I may have to remove the bumper to do this. There doesn't appear to be a large enough (or any) opening to get the cable behind the crash bar into the upper area of the nose cone where it would be easy to make the connection.

If anybody has done this successfully or has any ideas I welcome them as I would prefer not removing the bumper to do this.

Here are a few photos of the mounted camera. The cable is the left of the camera (it's mounted that way). My current nose cone is installed with the Tadi Bothers wireless camera that started this whole business. It's just over the Tesla camera. When I get the this all working properly that nose cone will be replaced with one I have standing by, and the Tadi camera will be gone.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33539&d=1382303864.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=33540&d=1382303927.jpg