Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to turn off the “Maintenance Service Required” message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

I know how to get into the Roadster service menu screen but once there cannot figure out where to go to turn off the “Maintenance Service Required” message. I did it once before, a few years ago, but have forgotten. I have tried every choice choice available on that menu screen but don’t find it.

If someone could please give me the step-by-step path to do that I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Can someone please explain how to get into the service/diagnostics menu? I'm new to this all.

I just bought my Roadster last month where it sat at the dealership for probably close to a year. The "maintenance required" message is displayed, but it has only traveled about 300 miles from the last service a year ago (got the receipt). I'm comfortable with resetting it for another year.

Thanks,

Henry

OK, I've been searching the forum for an hour and I can't find anyone explaining how to access the Diagnostics menus. It seems like it's something everyone but me knows how to do. Apparently there's a PIN for it, but I can't figure out how to be prompted for it. The wrench button reveals nothing. Help!

Tap on a blank part of the screen in the car 5 times, enter the pin (people are weird about posting it here, so I'll respect that).

Assuming you want to reset the service reminder: Once in the Diagnostic Menu, press on "Controls". Then, click once on "Update Service Dist.". Now, it will be reset for 365 days or 12,000 miles.

Be careful with other stuff, there are definitely some sharp edges in there.