Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to turn off the automatic navigation to work and home?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, here in Los Angeles, I use Waze everyday driving to work even though I work at the same place for 23 years. It's not just for traffic... it is for the Police. Now that Tesla auto start the NAV, I use both but I get to turn off the screen on my phone. If there is accident or police, Waze is set to alert me via audio.

Wait...in your LA traffic commute, there is a chance you will get going fast enough to have to worry about police!?!?!

• Funny
Reactions: legendsk and Need
Old thread, but I’m having this problem now. Auto nav is toggled off, yet every morning m-f when I open the car door the nav starts trip to my work.

I tried toggling it on , then off again. No change.

Could it be turned on in the easy access profile?

Old thread, but I’m having this problem now. Auto nav is toggled off, yet every morning m-f when I open the car door the nav starts trip to my work.

I tried toggling it on , then off again. No change.

Could it be turned on in the easy access profile?
I check and found under my wife’s profile it was turned on. I’m guessing that was it. Funny how it remains on when in other profiles that have it turned off.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
"Convenience". They assume that in the morning you are going to go to work if you are at home, and in the evening are going to go home if you are not, so automagically start routing you. It will (or should?) do the same thing if you have an entry on your calendar with a location, and you get in your car to go there.

This is supposedly a pre-pre-precursor to FSD whereby you wake up, get in your car, buckle up, take a nap, and awaken at work; though seeing will definitely be believing.
I'm thinkin IF you wake up, it ain't gonna be at work - the ER maybe.

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
I have the opposite problem... Only about 2 days a week does it actually autonav for me to work. Even though I leave at the same time every day. This seems like the easiest algorithm in the world, but I've been a Model 3 owner for 4 years and it's never worked reliably