Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to turn off the dynamic parking track for parking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello there! This is Tommy from Hong Kong, my first post ever!

I am not happy with the dynamic parking track while parking. So is there any way to deactivate of switch the dynamic track?

Attachments

• 9CACE0A9-FC18-4FB1-A288-AFE7B2FAA009.png
    9CACE0A9-FC18-4FB1-A288-AFE7B2FAA009.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 131
I’ve seen one post where the SC can adjust this but not sure how. If it’s out of alignment you might ask. Besides that, can’t see the downside!

Parked backing in at Costco first time perfectly last weekend, where I’d never do it to my old BMW 328 (without backup cam). Piece of cake!

I am not happy with the dynamic parking track while parking. So is there any way to deactivate of switch the dynamic track?
It can't be turned off.

What is it about the "parking track" lines that you don't like? I find them extremely useful. I was a Model S owner for over an year before those lines were added, and I really wanted them.

Okay, I'm just trying to understand why you are "more comfortable" with the "track" off, and how you know you would be more comfortable with it off since you have never had it off in your Tesla (or any other S/X).
And how do the lines bother you? That’s what I don’t understand. If you want to back up your own way, sure, do. Most cars today have a ton more backup guidance. They show where the back of the car is, where it will be, etc. I don’t know if those can be turned off or not.

I find the lines tell me where my BACK wheels will end up but have trouble lining up the whole car. I usually end up pulling forward and then straight back to solve that issue.
And why? Seriously! Why do people park nose in? That makes it a real chore to back out (with poor visibility) into constantly moving parking lot traffic!