Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disclaimer: Instructions only. If you do this and mess something up, I am not responsible.
If you hurt someone because you were irresponsible, I am not responsible.
If you don't understand how your vehicle acts when these systems are off, I am not responsible.
Use your brain when doing this.
The systems are here for a reason, the car isn't like a 2000 Accord. It's heavy and powerful as hell. Treat it like a road legal go cart and you could die. Be smart.
Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 10.41.29 AM.jpeg

Guys.. I've finally done it.

After searching for a reassuring thread explaining how its done, being afraid to screw up something on my own- a buddy that used to work for Tesla reassured me the best way to do some 2 wheel peels with the cars...

This works with ANY rwd Model S, 3, and X, and most likely any model with awd if you want to be that rough on it.

The way this works is you have to be cautious and uncheck the "reporting" feature to Tesla. You probably want to just leave these unchecked from now on unless you're feeling lucky or know something I don't.

Settings > Safety and Security > bottom of the list

• Turn the steering wheel all the way to the right as far as it will go (or take off the front wheel)
  • Reach behind the tire and push the tab button on the connector and pull it loose at the same time. (Don't worry its the only visible electrical connector in the wheel area) (Its the speed sensor wire)
  • !!! Make sure you tuck it away safely or its secured in a manner thats going to not let the tire rub the connector!!!
IMG_4023.jpeg

Get in the car and you will see that TCS, ABS, STC, Autosteer, Cruise, Regen braking, etc. has all been disabled.

The wheel speed sensor will tell the car there is an issue, these systems are tripped to prevent damage because the car has no clue why the front wheel is not responding... Mission Success!
You can now do rolling burnouts, donuts, drifts, j-turns, whatever hood-rat things you wanna do with your 80k car

Tip: Remember these cars have only 1 gear. When you're punching the throttle with wheels spinning- those tires can hit 150mph. DON'T DO THAT. It's excessive wear on your tires beyond what's necessary to get it to spin. You can lose a set of tires 6x faster with one of these cars

• When you're finished, do the same process in reverse order. The car will reset the sensors and everything will be back to normal. If it has the message saying the systems are going crazy still- wait a little while and let the car 'go to sleep' so it will go through a systems check when it wakes up and see everything's fine.