Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to turn off "Your car cabin is now at the desired temperature" notification?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is this notification? I've never seen this.

I'd like to know too. Is that something that's only in the iOS app, maybe? I don't see a notification option for that in the Android app (4.1.1-667), nor have I ever seen that notification. (Although, I have only cooled the car from the app and have not yet had occasion to warm it that way; maybe this only comes up upon heating?).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211013-153204.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-153204.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 694
I’ve never seen that notification alert either. I’m on iOS and my notification setting in the Tesla app are like the screenshot from Android posted above, but I have chosen to disable the Charging Started/Complete notifications. I disable all normal notifications and only get notifications for things that need to be looked at.

If this is a difference between heating and cooling, it’s a new behavior since last winter, because it didn’t do it then.

Are you using 3rd party tools like TeslaFi or possibly one of the aftermarket smartphone/watch apps to control the Tesla? I don’t want to provide my Tesla credentials to a 3rd party, so I don’t use those services.

I'm suddenly seeing it also, last few days. So either it's part of the .36 software update, or it has to do with the cooler weather. We just crossed over from the car being hot to it being cool/colder (Phoenix, AZ). And we also just got a software update.

A713DF30-7378-44A2-B5BA-F4672EE06333.jpeg
This is what it looks like.

Btw I don’t know if you have noticed, but you can set at least 2 different precondition times, I had it set to 8am and one day I was playing with it in the afternoon and I set it to 5:30pm and forgot to change it back.

It automatically changed back to 8am even without plugging in to charge, and also remembered my 5:30pm the next day an started precondition at that time as well.

So now it kicks in at those 2 times.

It happens when you have scheduled departure on. I just received the notification. Must be new for 2021.36.5.1
This feature was introduced in firmware version 2021.36, with app version 4.1.1 on IOS. You’ll get this notification even if you didn’t have scheduled departure on.

I don’t use schedule departure, but I always precondition the cabin before getting in the car.

This feature was introduced in firmware version 2021.36, with app version 4.1.1 on IOS. You’ll get this notification even if you didn’t have scheduled departure on.

I don’t use schedule departure, but I always precondition the cabin before getting in the car.

@with_raiden thanks for the clarification! We're still on 2021.32.x so far, which explains it.

Reactions: with_raiden
I opened a service ticket with Tesla for Dec 24 (furthest out I could select) through the mobile app. Will work through their text support on how to block these pointless notifications but still receive other app notifications like charging interrupted.

I opened a service ticket with Tesla for Dec 24 (furthest out I could select) through the mobile app. Will work through their text support on how to block these pointless notifications but still receive other app notifications like charging interrupted.
I don’t think any service center will be able to help you with this. Also, this is not a pointless notification; peeps like me who live in the northeast welcome such addition because the car lets us know that it’s warm/cool enough before getting.

I do wish that the mobile engineers added this optional notification in the app notification list to allow one to op-in/op-out.

Attachments

• 3049F349-98B3-41CD-97B5-7ADB814CE0FC.png
    3049F349-98B3-41CD-97B5-7ADB814CE0FC.png
    162.2 KB · Views: 524
I don’t think any service center will be able to help you with this. Also, this is not a pointless notification; peeps like me who live in the northeast welcome such addition because the car lets us know that it’s warm/cool enough before getting.

I do wish that the mobile engineers added this optional notification in the app notification list to allow one to op-in/op-out.

That would be nice.

The Android app has only 2 notification channels in settings: "Notifications" and "Phone Key Status".

I'd like to know too. Is that something that's only in the iOS app, maybe? I don't see a notification option for that in the Android app (4.1.1-667), nor have I ever seen that notification. (Although, I have only cooled the car from the app and have not yet had occasion to warm it that way; maybe this only comes up upon heating?).
I see it in the Android app also now. It's not really that useful. I know how long it takes to warm the cabin (4 mins) so it's not like i'm going to preheat the cabin way earlier or anything that would require some type of notification.

These notifications are driving me crazy!

I don't need a daily notification in the morning that the car reached the set temperature, just another thing to swipe off my screen. I trust it enough to do its job, just as much as I don't need a daily notification that the car finished charging.

Why is there no option to turn this off? Ugh.................