Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to turn on ambient interior lighting without the Premium Upgrades Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I inquired at a local Svc Ctr about the option to enable it and the cost last year. The respose was basically "you got what you paid for at the time and we can't change it"
I emailed the suggestion through the exec escalation to offer these types of software upgrades piecemeal for those that didn't buy them initially as part of a package. Things like ambient lighting, auto-presenting doors, bioweapon defence mode for AC. It would create a nice revenue stream for Tesla at minimal cost....

They do for some - Tow package software activation only is $750 I believe. The bio mode for AC is also available - $1000 if memory serves me correctly. Ambient lighting and auto-presenting doors have not been available though as far as I know.

Has anyone thought of running 12 volt power from the rear of the center console forward to a dimming switch and then up either the A pillar or B pillar to a stick on LED strip on the glass ceiling? I just ordered a 2’ strip to see what it would look like. $20 worth of parts and if it isn’t to unfinished looking I will hardwire it in.