Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to turn on front heated seats from tablet after the software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The OP was asking about doing it in on their app on their tablet. What you described was in the vehicle.

I actually read "tablet" as "the in car screen" since turning it on in "the app" would be exactly the same from a phone or tablet, since tesla does not offer a tablet interface. The smartphone app works the exact same on a smartphone or a tablet.

That, and the fact that the feature is in the same place in the phone app, lead me to think "tablet" in this case ment "car screen".

Upvote 0
I am not computer tech savvy yet I bought Tesla.
Anyhow yes from tablet I meant Tesla screen the one we see in the car. I do not see the wiggly sign of heated seat option within the tablet/screen but I do see it from my phone tesla app. Before the software update I was able to see the wiggly sign from the tablet/screen and just touch it and it would turn on the front heated seats.

Per youtube video above yes the voice command “my butt is cold” works :)

So I asked Tesla and even they dont know. Will attach the conversation I had with them.

Attachments

• B90E4BEA-4122-4998-BA7F-941A00C62843.jpeg
    B90E4BEA-4122-4998-BA7F-941A00C62843.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 186
  • A362361C-40DD-49D2-A2B7-1EF28E330F19.jpeg
    A362361C-40DD-49D2-A2B7-1EF28E330F19.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Funny
Reactions: Scelto and XPsionic
Upvote 0
I found it after the newe update, but prefer it on the home screen. My wife called me about it when she used the new interface and I had left the heat on (on low) as she hates heated seats. My brother, who lives in a slightly colder climate, used to hate them but I have not asked him recently. He said they make him feel like he wet his pants, but I am not sure how he knows that!

Upvote 0
In the climate settings or with a voice command
hey Terry, thanks for making this and posting it. First, I didn't know you had a Tesla channel, so thumbs up, second, you make lots of valid points. As someone who has not liked the updated, I'm going to rely more on voice commands like you demonstrated. Perhaps I'm more resistant to change than I thought, but watching your video make me realize it's not that big-a-deal.

Upvote 0