TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How to unlock back door when only driver door is self-presenting?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jmsurpri, Apr 7, 2017.

1. jmsurpri

jmsurpri Member

I have only the driver door self-present to avoid wear and tear on the other door handles. However, sometimes I need to get into the back seat. The only way I can figure out how to do it is to double-tap the top of the keyfob to present the rest of the doors. Tapping on the rear door handle doesn't do anything. Is there any way to do it without the keyfob? Sometimes my key is in my gym bag or something and not easily accessible.

2. Hammer@OR.US

open front door and reach in and hit the park button.

3. Nikki's Dad

Nikki's Dad Supporting Member

Or reach around the driver's seat and manually open the back door. I tried doing the driver only present but got tired of the hassle occasionally opening a back door created so went back to present all. First world probs...

4. Vince Cobelo

Vince Cobelo Member

I'd have to go and look but don't all doors present if you use the fob to unlock (double press the roof)? I had mine presenting just the driver door and as I recall that is how I got passengers in.