Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to unpin icons (e.g., Toybox) from the toolbar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed the v.11 software yesterday and I have to say that I agree with others in that it seems to be a big step backwards in most respects. So they've buried the windshield wiper icon, yet the "Toybox" icon is pinned to the taskbar? In what alternative universe does that even begin to make sense?

I've only spent a few minutes looking at how to customize the toolbar, but I was unable to find a way to "unpin" the Toybox from the toolbar. Is there a way to do this? I need my car to get me to and from work, but as a screen to play video games.

Items on the left of the toolbar are pinned. Press and hold to modify/delete. You can display up to 4 pinned apps.

Items in the right side of the toolbar are recently used apps that are also not pinned apps. To get rid of one, open the app launcher and open a different app that isn’t pinned, then that app will stay in the recent side of the launcher until you open something else.

Just installed the v.11 software yesterday and I have to say that I agree with others in that it seems to be a big step backwards in most respects. So they've buried the windshield wiper icon, yet the "Toybox" icon is pinned to the taskbar? In what alternative universe does that even begin to make sense?

I've only spent a few minutes looking at how to customize the toolbar, but I was unable to find a way to "unpin" the Toybox from the toolbar. Is there a way to do this? I need my car to get me to and from work, but as a screen to play video games.
Press and hold one of those icons.

Come on, how do you get rid of icons on your phone's home screen? You hold down the icon till you can drag it.
That works for you? I held down an icon — for a long time, like 30 seconds — and nothing happened.

I do not see a way to get rid of “recent apps” on the right. Once you mistakenly tap on an app, it sits there on the bottom tray for the next 10 years?

Reactions: giasmom