Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to use Trip Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a new owner of a MS and want to understand the Trip Display function. It seems that a trip is defined as "car on" to "car off" or between charging . I am planning a trip with several SC stops and a stay overnight. Will I need to manually add up the legs or is there a way to have the car track the total trip?
Thanks

I am a new owner of a MS and want to understand the Trip Display function. It seems that a trip is defined as "car on" to "car off" or between charging . I am planning a trip with several SC stops and a stay overnight. Will I need to manually add up the legs or is there a way to have the car track the total trip?
Thanks

There are two trip odometers available which do not reset when the car is turned off or between charges. Look under Settings.

Thanks for the info. I misunderstood the action of the trip odometer. Sounds like all I need to do is reset the trip at the start and it will track until The end.

Also thanks for the link teslafi.com. I will check it out.

Another vote for Teslafi.com - you can trial it for a little while and see what you think but for $5/month or $50/year it's a good deal. It will make it very easy to track many things about your car and they keep adding reporting functions. Plus you can download the raw data and generate whatever analytics your heart desires with Excel/Tableau/etc. if you like that stuff.