TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to use Trip Display

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Abqnative, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Abqnative

Abqnative Member

I am a new owner of a MS and want to understand the Trip Display function. It seems that a trip is defined as "car on" to "car off" or between charging . I am planning a trip with several SC stops and a stay overnight. Will I need to manually add up the legs or is there a way to have the car track the total trip?
    Thanks

2. AndrewTX

AndrewTX Member

There are two trip odometers available which do not reset when the car is turned off or between charges. Look under Settings.

3. BBB4000

BBB4000 Member

You may also find teslafi.com helpful. It's a website that can track all of your trips and provide you with a lot of information and statistics over time.

4. Abqnative

Abqnative Member

Thanks for the info. I misunderstood the action of the trip odometer. Sounds like all I need to do is reset the trip at the start and it will track until The end.

Also thanks for the link teslafi.com. I will check it out.

5. clostridium

clostridium Member

Another vote for Teslafi.com - you can trial it for a little while and see what you think but for $5/month or $50/year it's a good deal. It will make it very easy to track many things about your car and they keep adding reporting functions. Plus you can download the raw data and generate whatever analytics your heart desires with Excel/Tableau/etc. if you like that stuff.

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Check out EVTripplanner.com. It's an awesome resource from long trips. I never go anywhere without using it.