Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to View Tire Pressures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got new tires and wheels, and the tire store underinflated one of them. Upon starting or stopping the car, the tire pressures would show on the screen to notify me that there was a problem. I inflated the low tire to the correct pressure and the warnings went away. Now I wonder if there is a way to call up the part that shows what the actual pressures are, even when there is no problem.

I just got new tires and wheels, and the tire store underinflated one of them. Upon starting or stopping the car, the tire pressures would show on the screen to notify me that there was a problem. I inflated the low tire to the correct pressure and the warnings went away. Now I wonder if there is a way to call up the part that shows what the actual pressures are, even when there is no problem.
The Tesla vehicle must be moving, at least 50 yards or so. On the main Tesla screen swipe left at the bottom of the screen just below the Tesla vehicle graphic. You can also use the Tesla voice command function. Press the right side scroll wheel on the steering wheel and when you hear the tone, see the prompt appear on the screen say "Tire Pressure"

If you have not paid attention to the Tesla tire pressure readout for a while now is the time of year, as winter approaches, to reset your tire pressure to the Tesla specified 42 PSI or you preferred pressure.

I just added 3 PSI to the Continental Procontact RX tires; ambient temperature was 48F and the tire pressure before adding air was 41 PSI. (Expect 1 pound drop in tire pressure for every 10 degrees drop in temperature.) I usually run 44 PSI so I may not need to add any air for the next three or four months. Will bleed off any excess air to lower the pressure next spring.

LPT: If you drop the tire valve stem cap inside the Gemini wheel cover (guilty as charged) don't waste time fishing around blindly for the cap. Just grasp the Gemini wheel cover with both hands and pull. The Gemini wheel cover will come off with only a little effort and you will be able to locate the lost valve stem cap. To re-install the Gemini wheel cover note that there is a cutout for the valve stem molded into the Gemini wheel cover. Align the cutout with the valve stem and the Gemini wheel cover can be quickly, easily pressed back onto the Gemini wheel.