Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to view XM Channel list in 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems to be working on my 2012 M/S But the interface is not user friendly. I've got the "all access" package and it takes 100 screen touches to get what I want to see / hear lol!! "Was much better in my Chevy Volt"

It would really be nice to have the XM channel art back along with channel art of any kind I don't see it even when I plug in my USB thumb drives as I understand it it went away with some earlier update? and hasn't come back. currently on 8.1

If you are missing your channel list I would suggest you make sure it is reported to service and if you have reported it to service and not received a satisfactory reply you can escalate it using the new website option
Tesla now lets owners escalate issues directly to executives in order to improve communications

From what I can tell they do not feel this issue is impacting too many people and so do not have a current ETA for a fix. The more people who are pushing for a fix the more likely we are to see a fix sometime. My car is 2 years old so I do not think this is specific to new cars.

I must say I am pretty disappointed that this issue has not been addressed yet. I am a developer and this should be a relatively easy thing to fix. I have contacted my SC a few times and tried to escalate via the Tesla website as well. SC does not know anything and received no reply to my escalation attempt. Not acceptable for a car in this class!

From what I can tell they do not feel this issue is impacting too many people and so do not have a current ETA for a fix. The more people who are pushing for a fix the more likely we are to see a fix sometime. My car is 2 years old so I do not think this is specific to new cars.

So it seems. My car is 5 years old and I'm having the same issue. Although it was working for a while about a two-week span and then it went away again.

I suspect the group that would fix these problems has been diverted to working on the Model 3 software - since it appears the media player has multiple areas that aren't working yet on the Model 3 (FM, BT audio, ...).

I verified yesterday that with the latest update (.36), the USB songs still play in the same random sequence in "shuffle" mode - another one of the bugs introduced a year ago with the "improved" media player released in 8.0.

Some of the problems should be very easy to fix - and the failure of Tesla to fix these within a year is disappointing, along with Tesla's inability to get the AP2 software to operate reliably enough to be useful, even at AP1 levels.

We have a Model 3 reservation that the Tesla website claims we could receive in the next 3 months. The software issues (media player, navigation, AP) may make it more difficult for us to spend another $60K on a Tesla, until they can start fixing some of these problems.

Hmm mine has .38 and this is not fixed for me :(

gxjQOrR.jpg

Miracle!

The local service center was able to get XM station list on a previous release several months ago. It took them 24 hours of loading various updates - and it worked.

Until the next day - when everything was gone.

Tesla needs to fix this problem AND put back the XM station slider...

The local service center was able to get XM station list on a previous release several months ago. It took them 24 hours of loading various updates - and it worked.

Until the next day - when everything was gone.

Tesla needs to fix this problem AND put back the XM station slider...

My XM channel guide was working sometimes, until I installed 2017.36 1b27c6d, after leaving the service center in Tempe. It's been gone ever since.

I had XM for free during Labor Day weekend on my MS (I have a subscription on my Infiniti), and the interface was atrocious. I've never felt like adding the Telsa to my membership, since Slacker is free, but after trying the XM, the Media Player is enough to keep me from even considering it.

I can now count our 2013 S in on the XM invisible listings problem. There are no stations or categories for XM listed other than my radio favorites. The service center installed 2107.38.4 be 12575 software this week. Hope they fix this sooner than later.

10/25 Update: Good news - The latest S/W update on our classic Model S restored the categories and channel listings for XM. All is well in my universe. S/W rev 2017.42