Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to view XM Channel list in 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To get the station list, I suggest: rebooting the console processor and then listening to XM radio while driving.

When I pulled out of the garage, the station list wasn't there. After about 5 minutes of driving, some of the station list was there. And after driving longer, it appears all of the stations were now on the list.

If you do this, and you still don't get the station list, you may want to check with Tesla and have them verify the update installed properly, though it would have been helpful if Tesla had included this in the release notes and confirmed they had fixed the problem.

To get the station list, I suggest: rebooting the console processor and then listening to XM radio while driving.

When I pulled out of the garage, the station list wasn't there. After about 5 minutes of driving, some of the station list was there. And after driving longer, it appears all of the stations were now on the list.

If you do this, and you still don't get the station list, you may want to check with Tesla and have them verify the update installed properly, though it would have been helpful if Tesla had included this in the release notes and confirmed they had fixed the problem.

I just got a prompt on the app that there is yet another update available in addition to the most recent one I just got it popped up this morning didn't have time to mess with it had to get to work so I'll install that one tonight and see what it says.

Sadly, after upgrading Wed night, I had the category list first thing the next morning for one drive. On my next drive in the evening, they had disappeared again with only the "Entertainment" category showing with only channel 1 in the list. To be safe, I had not even loaded my USB stick.

I did a full reboot (both wheels & foot on brake):no change, called Sirius and got a refresh: no change.

Still stuck on one channel vs. entire list. Oh well.......

I just got this...

Which resulted in this!!
Let's hope it holds ..
IMG_20171027_170802418.jpg
IMG_20171027_170855819.jpg

Reactions: skialpine
I didn't think it would take long for the bugs to begin to surface in the latest update after getting my XM channel guide back with the latest update now I've noticed that voice commands will not locate any songs or artists, it consistently returns no results no matter how I search or for whom via voice oh well one hand giveth the other taketh away

This is an older thread now, but I haven't had the XM Radio Station list or browse capability in a while. 2016 Model-S (with latest OS presumably). It might have gone away when they did that major OS change (to be like Model-3)? So I can only access channels by putting exact number in "directly" (requires channel number knowledge).

Anybody have any info on this? Thanks

This is an older thread now, but I haven't had the XM Radio Station list or browse capability in a while. 2016 Model-S (with latest OS presumably). It might have gone away when they did that major OS change (to be like Model-3)? So I can only access channels by putting exact number in "directly" (requires channel number knowledge).

The answer might be to call Sirius XM and have then re-flash your receiver from their end. You will need your radio ID when you call them. The channel lists have been fixed for quite some time. I had not heard of anyone for whom this issue still exists until I saw your comment pop up.

We have SiriusXM in our 2013 Model S and have not had the channel list for quite some time ether. It's favorites or direct # input only

We have SiriusXM in our 2013 Model S and have not had the channel list for quite some time ether. It's favorites or direct # input only

I stand corrected :) I should say that it worked the last time I looked at it. I just checked in my car today and I have no tuners for anything AM / FM or XM are either direct input or favorites only. I guess to fix didn't hang around lol!

also somewhere along the line the ability for me to play music from my USB stick stopped working. I'd much rather stuff like this gets fixed instead of ridiculous whoopee cushion sounds and century old Atari games.

I stand corrected :) I should say that it worked the last time I looked at it. I just checked in my car today and I have no tuners for anything AM / FM or XM are either direct input or favorites only. I guess to fix didn't hang around lol!

also somewhere along the line the ability for me to play music from my USB stick stopped working. I'd much rather stuff like this gets fixed instead of ridiculous whoopee cushion sounds and century old Atari games.

Yes, its very frustrating and perplexing. Especially since this was fixed a while back and appears to be back now. While I love Slacker, I also use XM a lot (premium news, sports, music channels..). My next move is to contact Tesla support. Not very optimistic though.