Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to view XM Channel list in 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does XM station art show for anyone? I miss this quite a bit.

Their channel data and station art has become the way that I have switched thru stations in all of my previous vehicles (i.e. see Howard Sterns face and touch to listen)....and for 8.0 is it just blank white boxes. Seems unfinished...

Does XM station art show for anyone? I miss this quite a bit.

Their channel data and station art has become the way that I have switched thru stations in all of my previous vehicles (i.e. see Howard Sterns face and touch to listen)....and for 8.0 is it just blank white boxes. Seems unfinished...
No it does not appear for me with SiriusXM on 8.0, but nor did it with 6.2 or 7.1. Other media types did, did not and do have various types of station or album art.

Add me to the list... Pre 8.0 XM navigation wasn't the best but I could always choose stations by categories if I wanted. On 8.0 (build 2.3.108), I've tried the MCU reboot with no luck, and one time I was able to see the folders under the favorites while driving but have no idea why it worked then and no other time. Hopefully it's just a bug that will be fixed soon.

I too hate that I cannot direct enter an XM channel number. Say I look up my NFL team for broadcast and its on channel 233. My highest Favorite channel is MSNBC on 118. Well, no need to do the math but its a lot of single button pushing to arrive there. I shouldn't have to create artificial Favorite channels at the 150 or 200 mark to minimize button pushing to arrive at desired channel. Like many here, I don't need to see streaming favorites while listening to XM nor see XM favorites if I'm streaming. The favorites should accompany the source.

Another odd note. The clock. I was driving daytime yesterday and couldn't read the clock. Its tucked at the far upper right of the screen but I had the GPS map showing so the clock got lost in the maze of streets in that same upper right corner. It was tiny also and blended into the map clutter. No clock appears in the head on Instrument panel. In addition to the speedometer a tiny round speedometer display to the 10 o'clock position of the main speedometer. I'm attaching an image. Why would I need a tiny speed... next to the larger one? Does it have some other function I'm unaware of?

TESLA SPEEDO.jpg

I just got 2.42.40 tonight. It looks like it resolved most of my issues with XM radio. Now Station names show up instead of just numbers and the who channel guide shows up below the favorites list. There is still no way to direct enter a station number.

I just got 2.42.40 tonight. It looks like it resolved most of my issues with XM radio. Now Station names show up instead of just numbers and the who channel guide shows up below the favorites list. There is still no way to direct enter a station number.

Same for me. Problem finally fixed. Wish they would show artwork on xm. My wife's Acura does that.

I just can't believe how bad the media player is :(

How do you view the channel list? I was able to see it once but I can't get it back. I've tried swiping every direction possible and all I see is favorites. Very frustrating.

Thanks,
Eric

I never listen to XM (poor sound quality) so I can't help you with that. But do you have the latest version (2.42.40)? Many of the media player issues have been addressed in that update and perhaps the XM concerns.

I am happy to report that the issue of not having the channels "MENU" has been resolved by the new update. FINALLY. If we could get the cover art now on XM like the cheap cars do, that would be great! Cannot figure out why a $100k car cannot download artwork from XM, but a $15k chevy rental can.

Had to rent a Jeep for a month while a body shop fixed a fender bender.
The XM was so much more logically laid out than in my Tesla that it was embarrassing.
I understand that XM is not real chummy with Tesla (most new cars come with a free trial period but not Teslas), but an intuitive and graphic rich interface is just plain safer and more enjoyable.
Thanks to theatwar99 for sending that communique.

This is a new Model X. I've activated my XM, and I get all the channels, but there's no list. The only item in the list is channel 1. I was able to navigate to a channel by pressing the right arrow a hundred times, but that's not sustainable. I've tried resetting the display, no change. Any suggestions?

XM-problem.jpg

This is a new Model X. I've activated my XM, and I get all the channels, but there's no list. The only item in the list is channel 1. I was able to navigate to a channel by pressing the right arrow a hundred times, but that's not sustainable. I've tried resetting the display, no change. Any suggestions?

View attachment 220207

I have the exact same thing in my new X. Tried everything to fix it - rebooting, resending activation signal, sacrificing small mammals to the Tesla gods, you name it. Finally gave up and called Tesla for assistance. They told me it's a known issue with no fix and will be addressed in a future software update but couldn't confirm whether that will be 8.1 or another future update.

I never realized how much a good UI matters before I got my I3. After many misses BMW finally got it right and I really enjoy the infotainment system. XM offers channel lists by number, artist, title and favorites. It is a channel hoppers dream. My Tesla interfaces are a dream too, only a bad one.

Maybe the designers should rent a Bimmer onElon for a few days

I just took delivery of new Model S yesterday. I listen to XM a lot for a couple of their stations. In fact I got the sunroof and enhanced stereo option for this reason (mainly). I appear to be having the same exact issue as bearheart. I cannot get any categories or station names to show up and the only way to get to a channel is to hit arrow many many times and one must know channel number/name association from another source! I am shocked that something so rudimentary is not working?

Here is what I am seeing. I have one folder (pop). I dropped by Tesla and they said to call XM first to make sure it was not on their end. I called XM and they reactivated my signal multiple times. That didnt do anything though.
IMG_2650.JPG