Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to view XM Channel list in 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spent a day with multiple calls to XM - and it is NOT a SiriusXm problem.

This problem was introduced by Tesla as part of the "improvements" to the media player in 8.0, and I've been told by Tesla that cars manufactured after 8.0 was released are having difficulties loading the XM station list. I was also told a firmware fix was being developed - but clearly it didn't make it into what is being called 8.1 (neither did the promised browser or media player improvements).

Without the station list, XM is pretty unusable. With patience, you can single step to find a specific station and save it as a favorite. But if you're trying to find a specific game broadcast, it's extremely painful - especially if you don't have passenger in the car willing to hit the channel forward button a hundred times...

I was also told a firmware fix was being developed - but clearly it didn't make it into what is being called 8.1 (neither did the promised browser or media player improvements).

Thanks for sharing your experience/knowledge on the situation. Hopefully they will get a fix for this soon. I will post any updates/changes I observe on my end.

I had to take the car in for an unrelated "Car needs service power reduced" warning that came up. I also asked them to look at the XM interface issue.

The official response in their report: "There is a current firmware issue that prevents XM categories to not appear. This will be
fixed in a later firmware update"

So consistent with bob_p's comment.

I had to take the car in for an unrelated "Car needs service power reduced" warning that came up. I also asked them to look at the XM interface issue.

The official response in their report: "There is a current firmware issue that prevents XM categories to not appear. This will be
fixed in a later firmware update"

So consistent with bob_p's comment.

XM works fine on my 2 weeks old MS with the 8.1 update. I see 21 Categories each of which expands to several stations.

EV Rider, you may be one of the lucky ones if you got it working...

I spent hours with SiriusXM and with Tesla phone support trying to find a sequence to get the station list to load...

Channel list on xm is now incomplete on version .28. Ridiculous.

Attachments

• IMG_1297.JPG
    IMG_1297.JPG
    424.9 KB · Views: 104
My P85+ (October 2013 build) updated to 17.26.17 last week and now my SiriusXM does not work. I can see all the channels in dark black font, but they all play the XM0 preview station programming. I have rebooted the center display and sent activation signals twice, and nothing has fixed the problem. Never had any issues prior to this update. Any ideas?

After picking up our 100D in March, the only time we've had the XM station list was after the service center forced some firmware upgrades - and we had the station list for about a day, before it disappeared - and is still missing after the latest update.

Without the station list and with the removal of the station slider with 8.0, XM is extremely difficult to use - and it's disappointing how long it's taking for Tesla to fix this problem, along with the other things they broke with the media player "improvements" in 8.0 (multiple USB bugs).

Reactions: skialpine
I was just updated through a forced update by the service center, and can only see the entertainment folder. Its ridiculous. Also, the service center told me that Tesla is aware of the problem. For a $125k car, the entertainment system SUCKS! A rental car of $20k system is better.

Reactions: Soundchasr
The local service center called after the last update to see if it solved my problem with XM stations. When I told the person that it did not help they did not seem to really have anything to share. It seemed like they were crossing their fingers for a fix but had no idea if a fix was included. When I asked when could I expect a fix they had no answer and would not commit to getting back to me. Very frustrating....