Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to work the seat configuration when dropping kids off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need a little help with doors when car is in park. I use the easy entry setting for my car, thus when my car is in park the driver seat moves out of the way every time.

In the morning when I drop my kids off at school, which takes only minutes, I just step on the brake so the car is still in drive mode. When kids opens the door, since car is still in drive mode, alarm beeps continuously, kind of annoying.

kids hate it since it draws too much attention and now even more with beeping alarm.

Is there a way to turn off door alarm without putting car in park?

I need a little help with doors when car is in park. I use the easy entry setting for my car, thus when my car is in park the driver seat moves out of the way every time.

In the morning when I drop my kids off at school, which takes only minutes, I just step on the brake so the car is still in drive mode. When kids opens the door, since car is still in drive mode, alarm beeps continuously, kind of annoying.

kids hate it since it draws too much attention and now even more with beeping alarm.

Is there a way to turn off door alarm without putting car in park?
I truly appreciate your laziness in this one. You might be me. I believe the answer though is to just put it in park or deal with the annoying sounds. Probably safer to just hit the button once for park so you never go on autopilot yourself and drive whilst the kiddos are in transition.

I truly appreciate your laziness in this one. You might be me. I believe the answer though is to just put it in park or deal with the annoying sounds. Probably safer to just hit the button once for park so you never go on autopilot yourself and drive whilst the kiddos are in transition.
I know seriously laziness to the max!
There were couple of times when I put the car in park and easy entry kicks in but then when comes time to put car in Drive my seat configuration didn't go back to proper setting? I can't figure out what I did wrong, does not happen all the time sort of random?

Are you wearing your seat belt when you change to park? I thought easy entry only engages if you take off seat belt with the latest firmware update? I can check with my wife since she drops off our kid every morning. She has not complained about it to me yet. It is good that your kids don't like attentions. My kid wanted to sit in the back seat so he could use the falcon door at school. My wife firmly said no.

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Are you wearing your seat belt when you change to park? I thought easy entry only engages if you take off seat belt with the latest firmware update? I can check with my wife since she drops off our kid every morning. She has not complained about it to me yet. It is good that your kids don't like attentions. My kid wanted to sit in the back seat so he could use the falcon door at school. My wife firmly said no.

Lol, my kids actually begged me not to take them to school in MX but use my old car Lexus RX instead. I told them what's the point of getting MX if I'm not going to use it? I still drive my RX for all other errands when I think there is a good chance MX might get scratched

back to the point, you're right the easy entry only works if seat belt is off. This morning I just push park button and the seat didn't adjust but I also had some other issue with the car this morning, so wasn't sure...My MX got stuck in sleep mode but I was still able to drive it ?

Lol, my kids actually begged me not to take them to school in MX but use my old car Lexus RX instead. I told them what's the point of getting MX if I'm not going to use it? I still drive my RX for all other errands when I think there is a good chance MX might get scratched

back to the point, you're right the easy entry only works if seat belt is off. This morning I just push park button and the seat didn't adjust but I also had some other issue with the car this morning, so wasn't sure...My MX got stuck in sleep mode but I was still able to drive it ?

Did you get the little message at the bottom of the dashboard saying about push the brake paddle to wake up or something? And your center screen is dark? If so, try push and hold both scroll wheels on the steering wheel. I think for like 10 sec or something. It should reboot the center screen. My wife had to do it 2 times since we got the car last month.

Did you get the little message at the bottom of the dashboard saying about push the brake paddle to wake up or something? And your center screen is dark? If so, try push and hold both scroll wheels on the steering wheel. I think for like 10 sec or something. It should reboot the center screen. My wife had to do it 2 times since we got the car last month.

I had to reboot center console twice since I got the car. Both times was the navigation mode problem. No warning about pushing the brake to wake car up? It's kind of weird being able to drive a car while in sleep mode? all the control buttons were greyed out, I can't even turn off head lights...but it's all normal now except now car is asking me to calibrate doors?

I had to reboot center console twice since I got the car. Both times was the navigation mode problem. No warning about pushing the brake to wake car up? It's kind of weird being able to drive a car while in sleep mode? all the control buttons were greyed out, I can't even turn off head lights...but it's all normal now except now car is asking me to calibrate doors?

I don't have the calibrate door one yet. You may want to call the service center. The few times I called, they sent someone out from the mobile service center to my house the next day to fix the problem.