Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How (un)reliable are the frunk latches now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking up my Tesla next week and was ill-advised from using the frunk for much of anything. The reason being the potential for it to decide to never open again due to some faulty latching mechanisms?

Is this still a problem with the newer models; should I be worried? After hearing this from someone I feel like I can’t trust the frunk lol

I'm in the "use it it's there" camp and it's great for storing take out food and small items on road trips however my Frunk sensor has failed twice now. First time was "fixed" a few months ago and the sensor failed again last week. Have a service appointment to see what's up.

One side effect of the car thinking the Frunk is open, when it really isn't, is that Autopilot and FSD are disabled and you have to manually clear a warning each time you put it into drive plus the car status shows the Frunk open in the car and in the mobile app even though the Frunk is closed and latched.

Reactions: SNYDERHAUS
Upvote 0