Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How was your delivery experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys ; I’m sure this has been discussed plenty - how we should thoroughly check the cars to make sure no panel gaps, etc.

my question is more so from something my advisor told me. She said that closer to my delivery date someone will reach out to ask me my preferences before I take the car.

my question is , I don’t want a front plate cover or holes drilled into the bumper. Have anyone of you guys done this and do they take into consideration what you ask them ? And anything else anyone has asked for custom before they took delivery of their car ?

It depends, I have a MS and they would not deliver the car without the front license plate. The SA said the car was certified with a front plate and it has to be delivered that way. Once in my possession I could have it removed. Not A big deal if you are careful. On the MS it is held on with tape and a couple of screws in the the bottom of the front bumper. Just ask your SA about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tes-londa
It depends, I have a MS and they would not deliver the car without the front license plate. The SA said the car was certified with a front plate and it has to be delivered that way. Once in my possession I could have it removed. Not A big deal if you are careful. On the MS it is held on with tape and a couple of screws in the the bottom of the front bumper. Just ask your SA about it.
See I don’t like the screws part. And I can’t see where the holes would be when the plate cover is on.

SA literally just passed the buck to these “delivery team” people that haven’t emailed me yet because my Y date is being pushed back and back.

No one in my state installs a front plate bracket, period. it's in the trunk when you take delivery. The state issues 2 plates but if you don't have a front plate bracket, you don't have to display a front plate.
Regarding delivery experience, We signed the papers, the delivery guy came out an showed me how the key worked and where the mobile charger was and said 'here you go, if you have trouble put it in the app". I still have not received my vehicle title from the State in two months.

Reactions: Tes-londa
No one in my state installs a front plate bracket, period. it's in the trunk when you take delivery. The state issues 2 plates but if you don't have a front plate bracket, you don't have to display a front plate.
Regarding delivery experience, We signed the papers, the delivery guy came out an showed me how the key worked and where the mobile charger was and said 'here you go, if you have trouble put it in the app". I still have not received my vehicle title from the State in two months.
Wow. I don’t know. Seems like you had a sub par experience… I mean look I support the brand and what it stands for and we looked forward to the process versus your old school “stealerships” so that part was good.

but I guess if you don’t get a good SA ; I mean once she had our order we were old news. Maybe they don’t make commission , I get it but man… isn’t that corporate America for you