Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How well do the white seats hold up to extremely sweaty hands?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes weird question. I have this weird condition called palmar hyperhidrosis. Basically my hands are always insanely sweaty to the point where sometimes they are dripping like waterfalls. I’ve had it since I was born and I’ve tried a lot of things, so no “have you tried to take x treatment” questions. No medical advice. Not looking for that.

I am just wondering if sweat cleans up with the white seats well. Most of the time my hands will touch the steering wheel but sometimes I do touch the seats. Or should I not chance it and just go with the black seats?

Yes weird question. I have this weird condition called palmar hyperhidrosis. Basically my hands are always insanely sweaty to the point where sometimes they are dripping like waterfalls. I’ve had it since I was born and I’ve tried a lot of things, so no “have you tried to take x treatment” questions. No medical advice. Not looking for that.

I am just wondering if sweat cleans up with the white seats well. Most of the time my hands will touch the steering wheel but sometimes I do touch the seats. Or should I not chance it and just go with the black seats?
I know you said you’re not asking for medical advice, but I suffer from the same condition and know how difficult it can be. Botox changed my life, completely stops sweat for 6ish months! They inject about 50 times per hand….doesn’t feel great. But it’s been a game changer for me. You shld talk to your dermatologist if interested.

…..then u can get white seats without any concerns. 😬

It's not so much hands that are a problem with the white seats.

Screenshot 2022-03-11 184332.png

• Funny
Reactions: Macb00kemdanno
I've had mine with white interior for a year and it is HOT here 6 months out of the year. So sometimes when I first get in the car, my back/shirt can be damp with sweat. I've never thought about it and my seats look brand new. I just wipe them down with a damp microfiber cloth occasionally. So far I've only used water because I'm afraid to use anything else. Don't know what mild cleaners are recommended.

Mike