Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How well does a new 2022 MYP ride?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new MYP as month back and changed the tire config to 295/35/21 rear. 275/35/21 front. Basically an extra .5” of sidewall all around and running at 39psi.

2000km on it and I can say it’s drives way nicer than my previous 2021 MYLR with 19” Gemini’s at standard 43-44psi.

Could be a slight suspension dampening on the latest 22’s but it’s quite noticeable going from the stock 275/255 set up. View attachment 829410View attachment 829411
So you MYP came they wider tire’s? That sounds awesome, so may people complained finally about tires being a little narrow and people were easily getting curb rash. I’m looking forward to my delivery hopefully my next month ans will have the same set up as yours too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ormond
So you MYP came they wider tire’s? That sounds awesome, so may people complained finally about tires being a little narrow and people were easily getting curb rash. I’m looking forward to my delivery hopefully my next month ans will have the same set up as yours too.
No sir the oem are still 255/275. I purchased a set of 295’s and put the 275’s on the front rims.

The 255’s I keep as spares

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
So now that i've taken delivery of my 2022 MYP, it's fun to revisit this thread.

I was pretty surprised at how well the new car drove relative to what I was expecting. I could have lived with the ride of the 21" wheels, but probably not the practical aspects of them. The silly low profile of the tires just made it unlivable as a daily family vehicle, especially with. my wife driving.

We swapped the wheels off with 19" martains and have been really happy with how the car looks and drives. The ride is a little smoother, tires are cheaper, wheels are way less likely to be curbed, and they look fantastic.

Overall, we are enjoying our car thoroughly.

20220626_074229.jpeg
car2 copy.jpg

Thanks, but I would have used 265/285 configuration.
Sure man whatever works. I only had to purchase 295’s in the same Michelin AS4’s as oem. Why buy a whole new set of 4?
I don’t believe 265/285 is avail in the same tire brand.

Also…I happen to love the wider look and the rim protection if affords.
🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: 2101Guy and nate704
Sure man whatever works. I only had to purchase 295’s in the same Michelin AS4’s as oem. Why buy a whole new set of 4?
I don’t believe 265/285 is avail in the same tire brand.

Also…I happen to love the wider look and the rim protection if affords.
🤷🏽‍♂️
Can you take a close up picture of the tire and rim? I want to see if the rim protection is adequate with the wider selection.

I have a new MYP as month back and changed the tire config to 295/35/21 rear. 275/35/21 front. Basically an extra .5” of sidewall all around and running at 39psi.

2000km on it and I can say it’s drives way nicer than my previous 2021 MYLR with 19” Gemini’s at standard 43-44psi.

Could be a slight suspension dampening on the latest 22’s but it’s quite noticeable going from the stock 275/255 set up. View attachment 829410View attachment 829411
I want to do the same when the current tires need replacing. Do you have any rubbing issues?

So now that i've taken delivery of my 2022 MYP, it's fun to revisit this thread.

I was pretty surprised at how well the new car drove relative to what I was expecting. I could have lived with the ride of the 21" wheels, but probably not the practical aspects of them. The silly low profile of the tires just made it unlivable as a daily family vehicle, especially with. my wife driving.

We swapped the wheels off with 19" martains and have been really happy with how the car looks and drives. The ride is a little smoother, tires are cheaper, wheels are way less likely to be curbed, and they look fantastic.

Overall, we are enjoying our car thoroughly.

View attachment 829484View attachment 829487
Looks good.

How long did it take from time of order to get the Martian wheels?

I drove my '20 MYLR for 2 years, then recently switched to the '22 MYP. Been driving that for 1.5 months now. Keep in mind I was lucky to get the Michelin A/S, but the ride quality was indeed much better than the LR. I was expecting it to be worse (from what I read), but I definitely noticed an improvement. My wife also commented how much better it was. Is it better than an Audi (my wife's car), absolutely no, but as long as you have expectations, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Just to add some another data point, I did an overnight test drive of a brand new MYP demo last week. Compared to the previous one I drove about 6 months ago, the ride was noticeably better. Still on the stiff side as you would want and expect from a P, but much more supple and less jarring on rough roads.

I would still swap the 21"s for 20's, but as far as I'm concerned the ride quality of the current MYP is no longer an issue.

Last edited: