TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How will reservation priority work?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by thx1139, Mar 31, 2016.

1. thx1139

thx1139 Member

Tesla said that employees get first priority then current owners then new owners.

So at the end of the day today (or some other time period) will Tesla take all the orders and then first grab the employees and sort them by order date and time. Then take the current owners and do the same. Finally, take the new owners and do the same.

Does that sound logical?

2. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

It's hard to apply logic when we haven't been given details. Tesla has a history of sorting things out the way it works for them, which may not seem the most logical to us.

I'm curious if I'll get two priority reservations of the three I'm reserving - I don't take delivery of my second Tesla until Monday. So am I better off waiting until Monday for one or just reserving all three today? See what I mean? Sort of unclear. For the record, I plan to just reserve the three tonight or tomorrow online and relax about it.

3. eloder

eloder Member

Generally, that's how it works.

Specifically, nobody knows yet whether they'll do highly optioned employees before higher optioned owners, if the current owner benefit stretches indefinitely or cuts off at some date, or if the regional grouping will be absolute or just generalized.

My best guess (and this is only a guess) is that other than the employee group, there won't be hard barriers other than options and trim level. I.e., you'll see some non-owner performance east coast models start going out before a current owner bare bones model goes out.