TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How will Tesla Motors realise growth/progress in 2014? What steps will be important?

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Benz, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Benz

Benz Active Member

We already know that there will be more stores, service centers, superchargers in 2014. And the production capacity at the Tesla factory in Fremont will increase as well ("building out a real high volume next generation production line for the Tesla Model S and for the Tesla Model X"). As the suppliers of all kinds of parts will be delivering their parts in higher volumes as well. The number of Tesla employees is going to rise rapidly, as more manpower will be needed to support all that growth. The Tesla Brand will be better known in 2014, as there will be more word of mouth. More people will do test-drives in a Tesla Model S (compared to 2013), and that will result in higher numbers of reservations (compared to 2013). As a result of this we will see higher volumes of delivered Tesla Model Ses every each quarter (compared to the previous quarter). The Right Hand Drive Tesla Model S will make its debut in April 2014. And a very important step will be that the Tesla Model S will be delivered to customers in more countries than in 2013, meaning that there will be international expansion to China, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, UK (and other European countries), etc. And somewhere during the summer (August?) we will see the production version of the Tesla Model X (Frankfurt Motor Show will then be very interesting). Tesla Motors might even start with the preperations for the Giga-factory for battery cells? Wow, what a year it's going to be.

Did I forget to mention anything that we could expect to take place in 2014?

2. MarkR

MarkR Member

That's a pretty comprehensive list! I believe that TM is also going to be busy designing and engineering the GenIII/Model E in anticipation of its unveiling in early 2015.

3. Benz

Benz Active Member

And I think that the leasing option through Tesla Motors will be made available in more US states, and in other countries as well (Canada, some European countries, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Australia).

Another important step for growth will be that there will be added more features to the Tesla Model S, and this will also result in more sales because these new features will make the Tesla Model S a more attractive and a better value propesition as well.