Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How will you put your Model S to use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would commute from work 75 miles 90mins one way 5 days a week except flex Fridays my wife gets the car.

Planning trip to Vegas, luckily there is a charging station in Barstow. After the motor trend real world drive, might postpone until there are more charging stations.

Nice article from motrend driving the Model S to Vegas. Luckly for me i could charge up at barstow, eat and hopefully get full charge when i leave. I would be about 158 miles from Aria and hopefully go normal speed with AC on.

Visiting Las Vegas in the Tesla Model S - Motor Trend

Model S: Perfect Realtor Vehicle?

Was thinking (obsessing) about the Model S yesterday and got to thinking that the S has got to be the perfect Realtor vehicle. Many Realtors get larger cars so they can haul their clients, do a lot of local driving, and, with the whole internet listing thing, need to use the Internet on the go.

A larget ICE with an iPad and a MiFi might be good, but the Model S seems like the perfect option, especially the 85kWh version. The gorgeous 17" display would almost sell this purpose all by itself. Plus, with the generous back seat and a pano sunroof, clients could ride in style.

I'm not a Realtor, but this seems like a good idea.

It will be a my daily driver, about 27 miles each way. It usually takes me about 45 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening.

I'm looking forward to easily seeing a large traffic map, and also checking Kotaku and Penny Arcade in stop-for-along-time-then-go-for-a-little-bit traffic.

I'm also looking forward to having all of my music available at once and a relief from that feeling that I'm wasting gas and money any time my car is sitting still.

Was thinking (obsessing) about the Model S yesterday and got to thinking that the S has got to be the perfect Realtor vehicle. Many Realtors get larger cars so they can haul their clients, do a lot of local driving, and, with the whole internet listing thing, need to use the Internet on the go.

A larget ICE with an iPad and a MiFi might be good, but the Model S seems like the perfect option, especially the 85kWh version. The gorgeous 17" display would almost sell this purpose all by itself. Plus, with the generous back seat and a pano sunroof, clients could ride in style.

I'm not a Realtor, but this seems like a good idea.

Hi ChrisHenryOC,

As you can see from my name, I am a realtor and yes, this seems like the perfect realtor car! I have to drive cars big enough to fit clients but also be able to haul staging items around. I had to give up my clutch when I am became a realtor due to driving in traffic in DC. Now I feel I can have a car that will be interesting to clients, look affluent without flaunting, have a big "iPad" for clients to play with and look up data, and yet be fun for me to drive around. The feel of the car reminds me when I used to be able to drive sporty manual 2-doors. The only concern I have is that the car is so long and wide that parallel parking will be a challenge.

Now my work situation is going to change (at least I hope so) and I think that I will drive 150 kilometers each day to go to work and to the gym. Then I will charge the car with electricity produced by solar panels put on the roof of my house. Considering that now in Italy gas costs 1.9 euro (almost 2.5 $) a liter I think that I will save a lot of money. And I will also help the environment. I think that's good. Sorry for using kilometers and liters rather than miles and gallons.

Now my work situation is going to change (at least I hope so) and I think that I will drive 150 kilometers each day to go to work and to the gym. Then I will charge the car with electricity produced by solar panels put on the roof of my house. Considering that now in Italy gas costs 1.9 euro (almost 2.5 $) a liter I think that I will save a lot of money. And I will also help the environment. I think that's good. Sorry for using kilometers and liters rather than miles and gallons.
No apologies needed for KM and L :)

I 2013 I'll be starting to give training for software all across Europe. I plan to use my Model S for traveling around Europe.

My daily commute is just 3km and I'll keep doing that on my bicycle!