Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How will you refer to your Model 3?

How will you refer to your Tesla Model 3?

• Model 3

Votes: 73 54.5%
  • M3

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Tesla 3

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Tesla

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 18 13.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've spent the last week talking to many friends/family/coworkers about the Model 3 and I've begun to shorthand the name to "Tesla M3" which I find to be a sleeker name. I know BMW has the M3 but I like the sound of "Tesla M3" a lot more than "Model 3". Does anyone else feel the same way? Or will you simply refer to it as the Model 3?

If the reservations to-date are any indication of the future popularity and game-changing potential of this car, referring to it simply as the "Model 3" should be sufficient, as was the case with the "Model T". No need to even mention the manufacturer's name.

I had to do some real convincing to get my wife, Gretchen, to let me put down the reservation deposit as she does not share my fascination with electric cars and Tesla. But she reluctantly said OK, and at zero hour I gave tesla.com my credit card info.

Then I asked her if she would like to watch the reveal. She did, and her jaw dropped when she saw the car, and she watched many of the ride videos and has become an enthralled fan.

So at my house, "our" Tesla Model ≡ will be referred to as "Gretchen's car."

Reactions: diamond.g and Kira
We've named all of our cars in recent memory, so I'm sure the Model 3 will be referred to by name in our household. What that name might be is far less clear until we've gotten to know it better. Our Model S was bestowed with the name Zoe within a few days of brining her home with her prominent "Zero emissions" plate.