TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How will you vote in TSLA+SCTY merger ?

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by trentxintong, Sep 2, 2016.

?

How will you vote in TSLA+SCTY merger

Poll closed Nov 1, 2016.
  1. Yes - TSLA buys SCTY

42 vote(s)
    72.4%
  2. No - TSLA does not buy SCTY

16 vote(s)
    27.6%
  1. trentxintong

trentxintong Member

With TSLA+SCTY merge vote coming in Q4, How will you vote in TSLA+SCTY merger ?

2. dauger

dauger Member

It's not like we can do much about the details. To paraphrase Tim Cook, if you don't like stay out of the stock. I'd add, don't short it either.

3. trentxintong

trentxintong Member

I wonder why the spread between SCTY and TSLA is so big right now in the market ? If the deal goes through, this could be a very good opportunity to buy TSLA cheap. If not, what do people think how SCTY and TSLA prices will change ?

4. Gorilapaws

Gorilapaws Member

Frankly, I think it's a distraction from more important priorities. Building the worlds largest battery factory, scaling up production capacity by 10x in an unprecedented amount of time, expanding the worlds largest charging network and dealers/service centers, Autopilot 2.0+, and laying the foundations for Models Y and beyond is more than enough for one company to focus on. SCTY would suck down the capital that TSLA desperately needs to do all of those other (more important) things.

I think SCTY is great, and if it were 2020, with TSLA having a successful launch of the Model 3/Y the Gigafactory up and running, etc. then I would feel much differently as an investor. Right now, I think TSLA has more than enough on it's plate.

• Like x 3
  5. trentxintong

trentxintong Member

I sorta agree with you. But you also need to consider that in order for things to transpire 3 years down the road, it needs to happen now. This is roughly what Elon said in the SCTY+TSLA merger call. Sure TSLA is not in the best shape possible, I do see light of it improving its balance sheet this quarter, similarly for SCTY. I think TSLA will have much less to do once M3 is in full production which will happen in roughly 1 year from now.

6. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

I agree, not a great time to acquire Solar City given other priorities, but the acquisition may not be viable in the future. If Tesla waits, there's a chance Solar City goes belly up and disappears, as well as a chance that Solar City gets everything in order and becomes far more expensive to acquire. Hopefully they can juggle it all successfully. I really do wish them the best. Godspeed.

7. stevem

stevem Member

I would vote which ever way Elon recommends. Like I know enough about either company to make much of an informed decision. All I know is not to bet against Elon.

8. GBleck

GBleck Member

Inverter integration on the power wall requires they be the same company so I vote yes. Power wall is literally the intersection between the two companies.

9. trentxintong

trentxintong Member

• Informative x 1
  10. erthquake

erthquake Member

And if SCTY goes under, I believe Tesla would lose access to the sweet deal they have with New York for the Buffalo gigafactory.

11. Vger

Vger Active Member

I actually voted my TSLA shares just yesterday, Oct. 14 (no proxy notice yet from SCTY). I voted in favour. Have others voted yet?

12. trentxintong

trentxintong Member

I voted in favor. and 2 of my friends also voted in favor.

13. dauger

dauger Member

I voted yes last night, after the solar roof announcement, and reading the prospectus, etc.

Seems like Elon wants everyone to vote early. Perhaps to get a quorum faster?