TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How you describe the driving experience of your model 3 to others?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by angelman, Jul 17, 2018.

1. angelman

angelman Member

Since getting my model 3 a week or so ago I have had many curious onlookers ask how it is to drive. My best analogy is that it is like going from an old Nokia cell phone to an iphone. I use that specifically because my previous car was a 1967 Buick which in the words of my kids is "sturdy". The model 3 I feel is very safe but definitely not sturdy. Driving it feels like driving an iphone. The glossy but delicate finishes, all the little features, the high performance etc.

2. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

You cant describe driving a Tesla to anyone. They think we are stoned. I let everyone drive mine, and they freak out.
    Women scream when they stomp it. Men go aw s___,
    I take it to Saturday night drive ins at the shopping center. Raise the frunk. With cooler of drinks in it.
    Then they want to see the trunk. "Wheres the motor?"
    Its fun , enjoy the teaching you have to do now. Learn as many technical facts as possible.
    Good luck.

• Like x 3
  3. djplong

djplong Member

I tell people that this is the start of the future I was promised in the science fiction of the 1960s.

• Like x 1
  4. rdlink

rdlink Member

I rented a drove a Model 3 a few months ago. While there are a lot of ways I can describe the experience (not all great) the one that sticks out in my mind most, and pretty much cemented my decision to move forward with ordering is a comparison to my current car, a 2017 BMW 330i xDrive: When I returned the Model 3 and got into my car. My BMW is a really nice car. But when I pulled up to the first intersection, turned onto the main road and pressed the accelerator it felt like I only had about half the cylinders firing. Since that day the turbo lag on the 330 has been a distraction anytime I drive around in the city.

• Informative x 1
  5. Mr_Boo_Boo

Mr_Boo_Boo New Member

My own private roller coaster.

• Like x 4
  6. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

One of the car magazines last Fall likened the Model 3's agility to a kitten chasing a mouse.