Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How you describe the driving experience of your model 3 to others?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since getting my model 3 a week or so ago I have had many curious onlookers ask how it is to drive. My best analogy is that it is like going from an old Nokia cell phone to an iphone. I use that specifically because my previous car was a 1967 Buick which in the words of my kids is "sturdy". The model 3 I feel is very safe but definitely not sturdy. Driving it feels like driving an iphone. The glossy but delicate finishes, all the little features, the high performance etc.

You cant describe driving a Tesla to anyone. They think we are stoned. I let everyone drive mine, and they freak out.
Women scream when they stomp it. Men go aw s___,
I take it to Saturday night drive ins at the shopping center. Raise the frunk. With cooler of drinks in it.
Then they want to see the trunk. "Wheres the motor?"
Its fun , enjoy the teaching you have to do now. Learn as many technical facts as possible.
Good luck.

I rented a drove a Model 3 a few months ago. While there are a lot of ways I can describe the experience (not all great) the one that sticks out in my mind most, and pretty much cemented my decision to move forward with ordering is a comparison to my current car, a 2017 BMW 330i xDrive: When I returned the Model 3 and got into my car. My BMW is a really nice car. But when I pulled up to the first intersection, turned onto the main road and pressed the accelerator it felt like I only had about half the cylinders firing. Since that day the turbo lag on the 330 has been a distraction anytime I drive around in the city.

• Informative
Reactions: Arpe