Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Howdy from Texas!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi from San Antonio everyone!

This weekend I reserved a new-to-me 2014 Model S P85D from the Tesla CPO program. I had been stalking it for quite some time and found it at an amazing price that just kept coming down (it's rare to have 70D's in this price range in Texas). It's in Houston so hopefully they can transfer it relatively quickly. I've of course heard the horror stories of the CPO program but would like to hope many have been isolated incidents and/or exaggerations. I suppose only time shall tell!

Reactions: byeLT4
Congrats! I think I'm about a year away from pulling the trigger and I am hoping to find one in Texas as well. I'd be interested in hearing how the process went. Looks like SA might finally be getting a supercharger station as well, just in time for you!!

Way to go. There is a VERY active facebook group in Houston. Join in and make one of their meetings. I think they just did a Galveston run and from the pictures it look like they had a blast. I understand the P85 is a great S. I seen the other day a P90DL that got me excited, but one car note is enough for my household. It's possible their CPO program is cleaned up and no horror stories for future buyers.

Congrats! I think I'm about a year away from pulling the trigger and I am hoping to find one in Texas as well. I'd be interested in hearing how the process went. Looks like SA might finally be getting a supercharger station as well, just in time for you!!

Dang, I didn't even see it but it looks like they are propping up ones in Fredericksburg, Boerne, San Antonio, and Selma this year!

If it was that close, I would go pick up myself. My last one, I had to fly to Phoenix and drive back.

Yeah, I may just ask to do that TBH. I bet that took a good while to drive back from Phoenix, going through West Texas is always deceptively long....

Dang, I didn't even see it but it looks like they are propping up ones in Fredericksburg, Boerne, San Antonio, and Selma this year!
If there’s one thing that shouts “new Tesla owner” it’s looking at the supercharger map and believing that “opening this year” pins means the superchargers are opening this year. The map has always been more aspirational than informational. For example, Ft. Stockton was opening this year every year since 2014 I think, and finally opened a few months ago.

If there’s one thing that shouts “new Tesla owner” it’s looking at the supercharger map and believing that “opening this year” pins means the superchargers are opening this year. The map has always been more aspirational than informational. For example, Ft. Stockton was opening this year every year since 2014 I think, and finally opened a few months ago.

Also don't trust the location of the dots. For future sites they are often just in the middle of the city where it's planned to be installed.

Unfortunately, what they are saying is true. Let's not focus on that right now.... LOL. There are a couple of superchargers (actually up and running haha) between Houston and SA if you decide to pickup and drive home!

Hahaha duly noted, the map is not to be trusted...

Just talked to my Sales Adviser and it looks like it can be picked up at the Houston North Delivery Center when it is ready. Next I'm just waiting for my Delivery Adviser to contact me so we can get it scheduled and they can take my money.

Reactions: byeLT4
If it was that close, I would go pick up myself. My last one, I had to fly to Phoenix and drive back.
Ha! This is what I did with my work buddy few months ago, when he was picking up used P85 for his wife. I developed a new appreciation for AP in the car (it was pre-AP model). We did most of the same journey just few months earlier when travelling to California and back. What a difference.

Ha! This is what I did with my work buddy few months ago, when he was picking up used P85 for his wife. I developed a new appreciation for AP in the car (it was pre-AP model). We did most of the same journey just few months earlier when travelling to California and back. What a difference.

I can only imagine haha
That's one of the main reasons AP was a deal-breaker for me. I make semi-regular trips to West Texas and it is one of the most monotonous trips I ever take... I can't imagine going even further.

As for the car, I was told on Monday evening who my IDA was going to be and that he should be reaching out shortly. Whether shortly meant a few hours or a few days, we'll see since he didn't give me any contact info.

I'll likely do a write-up of the whole experience timeline style after I take delivery to help others going through the process.

Reactions: arcus and byeLT4